Prologue: When Sam Met Ashleigh

OH, BOY. HERE WE GO AGAIN, EH? YET ANOTHER ORIGINAL CHARACTER, BUT THIS SIMPLY WOULD NOT LET ME GO, SO I SUCCUMBED AND WENT WITH THE FLOW. HOPE YOU LIKE MY NEWEST OC! I KNOW I LABELLED THIS A CROSS-OVER BETWEEN AVENGERS AND DR. STRANGE. I DIDN'T KNOW HOW ELSE TO MAKE SURE I WOULDN'T BE REPORTED FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT OR WHATEVER, SO...YEAH. ENJOY!

BTW, THE PIC IS ONE I DREW OF ASHLEIGH. HOPE YOU LIKE THAT, TOO.

GOD BLESS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

~THE LUPINE SOJOURNER

It had been a normal day, but it all went wrong when I was handed my bill for lunch at a cafe.

The explosion knocked me down and the table ensured I would stay where I was, made of solid metal. Then, an alien being approached, blue and armored and hostile. I was thankful it kicked me out from under the table, but not so much when I was held up by my throat, a huge alien gun-thing pressing into my abdomen. I gagged and choked and tried to get this thing's hands off me, to no avail. Then, something thudded into the alien's back, exploding a second later. I was knocked out of the hold, crashing into the window of the restaurant and screaming as several shards gashed and tore into my back, most sticking out as I shakily pulled myself up and looked up to see a man on the roof opposite me, firing arrow after arrow into the advancing alien ranks. He gestures for me to move and I hold my thumb up, wondering if he had even seen before turning and making sure that everyone cowering in the restaurant was out and away from the danger.

Unfortunately, the aliens found us quickly and they began firing helter-skelter. Several civilians fell, wounded or killed before I whacked one upside the head with a board blasted from the wall. It turned and I realized too late what an awful mistake I had made. I pale, the board slipping from my fingers, but then I hear a gunshot and there's an African American man with a well-maintained goatee and short hair is holding a pistol, already firing at the only other alien before turning to me.

"Thanks." I tell him genuinely, shaking myself out of my stupor.

"No sweat. Try not to freeze up next time and we'll call it even." I grin, already moving with the man toward the head of the alley we hid in.

"Deal. I'm Ashleigh, by the way."

"Sam Wilson. Pleasure to-" He gets a look at my back and freezes, cursing under his breath. "Ashleigh, you have-"

"Glass in my back, I know! It actually doesn't hurt that bad." I mutter, slightly embarrassed. I had kinda forgotten about it, really. "Now-look out!" Too late, we're blasted backwards by a grenade-like thing tossed by a small group of aliens. Landing on my side by pure luck, I somehow get up and face the alley, only for a huge green guy-the Hulk, I realize blearily-destroys our offenders before roaring and charging into another group. Sam and I look at each other and simultaneously shrug.

"New York these days, I tell yah..." He muses with a straight face. I chuckle.

"Let's see if we can get these shards out. They're starting to really hurt." Sam tries to slip my arm over his shoulder, but I move away. "Thanks, but I got it. There's a hospital just up the street. Come on." Sam gapes at me, bewildered.

"How did you-"

"My brother works there. Let's go."

=#=#=#=#=

Being sister to someone like Stephen Strange has both its pros and its cons. One pro being that there's no wait because Stephen knows that if I come to his hospital, its serious. Not that I have anything against hospitals. Its just that I have next to no money, having just started my career as a Librarian. Thus, visits to the hospitals are few and far between, Steve diagnosing and treating me at home for free, cus usually my problems were not severe enough for Stephen to send me to the hospital.