Chapter 8

I was down on the ground for about 2 minutes, making sure the gunshots were done. I got up relieved. Oh my Gosh! Where's Camila?!  I looked around and I couldn't see her. When I heard crying. I immediately ran around the corner, following the cries and there she was, in a puddle of blood. I did my best to not to break down and cry right then and there. I couldn't I had to help Camila. I ran over to her and saw the blood coming from her left leg. I took off my sweatshirt and wrapped it around her leg to try to slow the bleeding. Someone ran up to me and said the ambulance would be here in about 25 minutes. That is too long. Think Lauren, think. Let's see the nearest hospital is about 2 blocks away. I picked Camila up bridal style. At that moment I didn't care how heavy she was. All I could think about was saving my best friend. I ran to the ER. They were taking forever to get her into a room until I yelled at them.

So now I'm in the waiting room, practically pulling my hair out while waiting for Camila to get out of surgery. I can no longer sit still, so I'm up pacing back and forth. I look up and see the doctor.

"Are you Camila's friend?" He says.

"Yea. Is she okay?" I say nervously.

"Yes she is, thanks to you. We had to perform surgery on her left leg to get the bullet out and she sprained her right ankle. We're guessing from running to take cover." He says.

"Thank you so much. When can I see her?"

"Tomorrow morning. She is resting right now."

"Okay. I'll be here tomorrow."

I went home at ease because Camz was okay but my mind kept wondering. Who could have done this?

Sorry it's so short! If this gets 5 votes, I'll update again tonight! thanks for reading! -Kenedi