18

(a/n): I hope you're enjoying this. please go read my new story "pretty girls" and vote/comment. it's up on my profile. you can also click on the external link. love you!!  

she had gotten up to order another cup of black coffee. she had dark circles under her eyes and he knew ordering another cup of coffee wouldn't help her insomnia but he didn't say anything. 

her binder was on the table and there was a picture coming out of it. he pulled it off and saw that a boy who looked a lot like her. when she returned, he asked the question he'd been dying to know.

"is this your brother?" 

she furrowed her eyebrows and for a moment, he thought she was going to get mad because he had taken out the picture without permission. but then she looked at the steaming cup in her hands and simply nodded.

"were you two close?" once again, her answer was affirmative. he saw a tear rolled down her cheek and she didn't even bother to wipe it. she was the type of person who wasn't afraid to cry.

he grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze. "I'm here for you, okay?" she nodded for the third time and finally looked into his eyes. 

he lost himself in her and for the first time he realized that maybe - just maybe - he had finally fallen in love.