Chapter Sixteen: Alphys Awakens

(Undyne's POV)

She's been responding more and more each day. I haven't even went to school since Alphys been out for almost a month now. I was tired, but I couldn't sleep because if I did I would have nightmares that would wake me up in the middle of the night screaming. Tonight was one of those nights and I had to check on Alphys because I was so scared, but she was still laying there. I sat on the chair I've been sitting in waiting for her to wake up.

"Hey babe.' I said as I reached for her hand and grabbed it, she responded with a weak squeeze. I smiled. 'How are you doing?' I asked her and she squeezed my hand again. 'That's good...' My voice creaked a little as I was trying not to cry. ' I miss you so much... I miss your voice... I just want you to wake up...' I said as I couldn't hold the tears back. 'You don't know how... hard it is... without you... please... I just need to hear your voice..." I said lowering my head as tears went down my face.

"Undyne...' My head shot up at the sound of her voice but it was weak. 'Undyne..." she said again as I stood up and laid beside her wrapping my arms around her trying not to hurt her.

"I'm...here... babe...' I said though tears. That was the first time I heard her speak. I smiled as I just held her. Just holding her was good enough for me. 'I... love... you..." I said and I started to cry, but she didn't speak again. My eyes were getting heavy. I didn't want to sleep, but sleep won and everything went black.

(Alphys'POV)

I was back in the darkness again like before. No one was speaking, there was no light, no sound, nothing. I was alone, scared and afraid. Where was I? The only thing I could hear was Undyne's voice. She,was calling me telling me she loved me and that I could do it. There was a small light in front of me.

"I... love... you..." Was she crying, I didn't like it when she cried. So I walked through the light and everything went black again.

The next thing I knew I slowly opened my eyes looking at the ceiling. I moved my head a little to the right and I saw Undyne laying beside me sleeping. Where were we? I moved my arm and little, but froze when I felt her get closer to me.

"U-U-Undyne..." I said, but she didn't move she was deep in sleep. How long have I've been out? The last thing I remembered was Lydia attacking me. I seen bits and pieces of it in my head and she got me good. "Undyne w-w-wake up." I shook her a little bit and that's when she lifted her head up, eye half open.

"Alphys..." She said as she wrapped her arms around me and cried into my chest. "Oh my God thank goodness... you're... you're awake... I've been... so worried... I... I... thought.... you... would... never... wake up... I'm so... sorry... I'm sorry..." She kept repeating over and over again crying harder each time. I sat up from the bed and wrapped my arms around her.

"U-U-Undyne, I am fine and t-t-this wasn't your f-f-fault. None of this i-i-is your fault."I said as I held her closer to me.

"No IT is my fault Alphys... she hurt you because of me... how can... I forgive myself... I've been so... not me after what happened to you... I'm sor..." before she could say it again I placed my lips upon hers and she stopped as she wrapped her arms around me.

"Babe, I love you... I always will love you... please... please... stop saying s-s-sorry." I stopped kissing her as I put my hands on her cheek to make her look at me with tears in her eyes. 'Undyne, you are the best girlfriend I could ever ask for. So stop beating yourself up. None of this was your fault..." I said as as I creased her cheek as she slowly sighed as she put her head down again. 'No look at me please..." I said almost in tears myself. She did and I smiled at her. "I'm fine Undyne... you're fine... everything is fine alright..." I said and kissed her forehead gently.

"Alphys... marry me..." She said and I took a deep breath as I wasn't expecting that. 'Please...Alphys... marry me..." She said as she took a ring out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it took so long to update ya'll it's been a crazy two months. I'm out of school, but I work a lot too, but here is the next update. Sorry it's so short, but I kind of been on writer's block and I just finished this chapter. I'm sorry from missing, but I am so glad you guys are still reading this story it means so much to me. Thank you, but next part will be up as,soon as I can. Thank you again.

Love, Kate.