Chapter 1

Miku took in a deep breath and knocked on the door. In her hand was a bag of home made cookies, his favorite kind, to. Or at least, she hoped it was still his favorite kind.
The door opened and Miku instinctually put on her white toothed smile, a fake smile she put on during business meetings. She regretted it.
She looked up.
"You've grown taller since I last saw you, Kaito!" She exclaimed happily. Kaito sighed. "The last time you saw me was in high school." He said solemnly. "What do you want." He asked.
"Well, I baked you cookies! Your favorite kind to, sugar cookies!" Miku exclaimed, and held out the bag before her. Kaito looked at her for a moment, as if contemplating wether or not to let her in.
He gave a sigh of defeat and expanded the door to let Miku in.
Miku gleefully skipped in, and loiked around.
Kaito lived in a lovely small apartment. It was decorated thoroughly with Christmas decor, with lighten up snowmen on string strung across the ceiling, and Santa and reindeer pasted on the walls, with a beautiful Christmas tree in a corner, next to a black sofa. Under the tree was a large lack of presents, as there were only two or three.
"You can go ahead and set the cookies in the kitchen." Kaito said, walking up behind her and pointing to a doorway. Miku nodded and walked into the kitchen, expecting more Christmas decorations.
To her surprise, the kitchen was bare, with no green or red lights anywhere. "Why is it so thoroughly decorated in the living room, but not in here?" Miku asked. "There weren't enough decorations. I only had the stuff I took with me from my Moms house." Kaito said as he walked past Miku.
"Why didn't you buy any new ones?" Miku asked.
Kaito looked at her with a judgmental face. Miku shrank a little under that gaze.
Kaito was already taller than Miku, she didn't need him looking down in her, both literally and fugitively.
"Some of us aren't super stars and can't afford new decorations." Kaito snapped as he snatched the bag of cookies out of Mikus hands. "Oh. Um I-uh..."Miku stuttered.
Kaito sighed and set the bag down. "Were cookies all you were here for?" Kaito asked. Miku frowned. It was obvious that he wanted her to leave, and he wasn't even trying to hide it.
"No, I wanted to watch a Christmas movie with you to!" She said, standing her ground. "Did you bring a Christmas  movie?" He asked, looking at her suspiciously.
"No-I MEAN YES!" She yelped.
He sighed. "I'll go look for a Christmas movie."
"I'll go get mine from my car!" She said, and sprinted past him outside.
When she mad it to the car, she sighed. Why did she say she brought a movie? Of course she didn't bring a movie! She hadn't planned that far ahead. She though that she could give him cookies, they would have small talk and- BOOM! Friendship repaired! "Of course that wasn't going to happen." Miku sighed to herself. She put a hand on her forehead. "That only happens in movies and music videos. This is real life, Miku. Not movies or a music video." She took the hand off her face and started digging through the car. There had to be something! But of course, there was nothing. There was only a few outfits that didn't fit on the floor. She sighed again. "What at I supposed to do now?" She looked around. "I can't go back inside without a movie! Maybe one of the other people have on I can borrow?" Miku asked herself.
She went back up the stairs, snuck quietly past Kaito's door, and knocked on one of the neighbors doors. After almost half a minute, someone opened the door.
It was a tired looking teenager with messy long, blonde hair, with pjs on. "Can I help-" she stopped when she looked at Miku. She perked up and had a look of pure excitement on her face. "Oh my god! You're Hatsune Miku! Oh my good, oh my god! I have like, all of you merchandise and records!" She fangirled. "Oh no..." Miku whispered. She put in her pearl toothed smile and said, "Yes, I am Hatsune Miku! Would you mind lending me a Christmas movie?" She said in a loud and happy voice. "Of course! But first, we HAVE to take a selfie together!" The girl said excitedly. She then ran into her apartment, with Miku following.
Her apartment was ugly and dusty looking, with little to no furniture and boxes everywhere. It looked like she had just moved in.
"Ok, ok!" The woman said excitedly as she ran back in. She grabbed Mikus shoulders and pulled her in front of a phone. "Say cheese!"