sixteen.

HEY Y'ALL I haven't updated since like last year, literally hehehe sorry.
I promise I'm back into the whole Wattpad thang
YO GUYS LOOK AT THE POV BECAUSE IM NOT PREPARED. Okay I am but whatever.
->charlies pov
•~<~>~<~>~•

I'd been pacing up and down my room for hours now. We'd just gotten back from that shit work party and it was currently 2:47 am.

I jumped onto my bed and grabbed my earphones using music as my last resort before going mad.

Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran came on and I immediately started humming the tune. However, as soon as the lyrics started flowing through I ripped my earphones out.

Truth is, Sophias driving me crazy.

I felt bad for her. When I got back to school I spoke to Freddie and he started speaking about how she was upset and all that shit. I tried so hard to remember her, I just couldn't.

That's where my plan kicked in.

I thought to myself, if I spent time with her and was around her often, something was bound to trigger a memory or two. Instead I got nothing.

It's almost as if she was never in my life at all.

->sophias pov (next day)

I picked up my phone due to its consistent buzzing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi, it's Charlie."

"Oh, hi." I replied.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to go out for a coffee or tea or lemonade or whatever." He asked, I could almost feel the awkwardness smack me in face.

"Yeah sure, what time?"

"I'll be at yours in an hour."

After I agreed and put down the phone I jumped out of bed and got into the shower. Then I threw on a hoodie and leggings because in all honesty I couldn't be bothered to make an effort for coffee. I threw my hair in a messy ponytail and applied a bit of makeup.

After an hour, Charlie finally showed up at my house.

Rain clouds were starting to form.

Luckily the coffee house was literally a minute away from my house so it didn't take long to get there. We both ordered and found a seat.

"Why did you invite me for coffee then?" I asked.

"Oh, um. I guess it depends on which answer you want." He said sipping his drink.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, do you want the answer that you want to hear or the truth." He laughed, I raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"Obviously the truth."

I could see all the colour drain from his face and then he sighed.

"Okay, I figured the only way to remember who you were was to spend more time with you. Hopefully then something would trigger a memory and I'd  know who you were."

"Sorry, you can leave or hit me or whatever." He muttered looking at his lap.

Instead of being angry, my face lit up.

"Well this is no way to trigger a memory. Come on I have a better idea." I said jumping from the table and leading him out the door.

I grabbed his hand and started running down the street, I looked up towards the sky. Big grey clouds were covering the sun which meant it was almost certainly going to rain.

I smiled to myself and opened the door.

"Okay, okay. Take these." I said handing him the keys. "Go outside and no matter what I do, don't let me have them."

"It's literally about to rain?"

"Just do it." I snapped pushing him outside.

He stood in the middle of my lawn and gave me a questioning look. I followed him out and saw the keys wrapped around his finger.

"Remember, what I said!" I shouted to him from the door. "Don't let me have the keys!"

He nodded, confused and held them up high.

I rolled my eyes and started to run towards him, as I got closer I watched his face go from amusement to shock because he realised I was heading straight for him.

"Shit." I heard him mumble before diverting to another direction. Soon enough I was chasing him around the garden again, like I had been a few weeks ago.

I looked up to the sky and felt a giant raindrop fall onto my face.

"Give me the keys it's raining!" I shouted while laughing.

"No! You said not to!"

"ITS RAINING!" I shouted running towards him.

I was running at quite some speed so it didn't give Charlie enough time to move and caused us both to fall.

"SOPH!" He yelped while laughing.

We both couldn't stop, I was laughing so much my belly hurt. I hadn't been this happy in weeks.

I turned to face him when we'd finally stopped laughing.

"It's raining Sophia." He said as a single rain drop fell down his face.

"I know"

I felt him shuffle closer to me and I studied his eyes.

"What?" He whispered.

I shook my head and stood up.
Come on Charlie, wake up.