Chapter 6

*                                              *                                     *

            Anton came back to us saying that Mr. Schietz set up a concert date for them to perform, but wouldn’t to the music video. He said that Mr. Schietz said the concert could be played in the same opening as where the music video was shot as an homage, to pay tribute to our band. I laughed when Anton told me, and so did the rest of the band. All I knew was that our plan was in motion. Karma finally was going to catch up with Mr. Schietz. Revenge will be ours. Mr. Schietz will be unmasked in front of his own band and all their fans. Mr. Schietz's career will be gone, he will go to jail, and justice will be served.

            Anton said the date for the concert was near the end of the month. Mr. Schietz seemed quite ecstatic with the idea. He truly thought it was ironic and thought it was humorous to throw a concert on the same field that we died on. I couldn’t wait until we foiled his plan! He would pay. Jonas came in my room interrupting my thoughts.

"Hey, Anton came back again; he said the concert will be the last day of the month. He said that Mr. Schietz will also be coming by during the week of the concert to make sure the stage and lighting is perfect."

"Alright, that is good, and now we just have to wait for Justinia to come back and take us out during the month so we can enjoy are short freedom."

"Right… Jay, should we let her go now? I mean, do we really need her? I know that being able to leave is amazing and fun, but she does have a family back in the states. Is it wrong of us to keep her here?"

"No, we saved her did we not? So she is repaying us by letting us use her to leave this place for a while."

"Fine, but what happens if, say, Mr. Schietz or one of his henchmen sees her?"

"They won't. If they do, what could they do anyways?"

"Kidnap her, again. And then maybe kill her…" Jonas said quietly.

"They won't. Just think positively." I said ending that conversation.

*                                              *                                     *

"Justinia, do you want to come to school with me today and see what it's like?" Verner asked.

"Sure, sounds interesting, but I won't understand anything…"

"Right…well, maybe mom could drop you off at lunchtime and we can eat lunch together?"

"Yeah, that sounds nice." I replied with a smile.

            Verner grabbed his bag and said goodbye before catching the bus. I started to do the dishes and clean the kitchen while his mother started cleaning the rest of the house. I didn’t mind cleaning the kitchen, but I was hungry so I made myself some food since I woke up a bit late. I should be going back to the band to see what's going on…I'll have to do that later today I guess. Verner's father was out of the house before I woke up this morning. Apparently he works very hard to support the family.

            Throughout the morning I did chores around the house and took little breaks here and there. Verner's mother was appreciative of the help and offered to take me to Verner's school to eat lunch with him. Accepting, I went to make sure I looked alright and had what I needed. When we got to the school it was a medium size with nice architecture. I got out of the car with my lunch and started walking towards the doors. Once inside I wasn’t sure which was the cafeteria might be so I closed my eyes to listen for sound. I opened my eyes and decided to go to the left down a hallway. As I was walking down the hall I spotted that guy I bumped into in the town the other day. He looked my way and did a double take. He smiled and called me over.

"What are you doing here? You don't go here do you?"

"No, I am looking for Verner." I said.

"Ah, well, let me escort you to the cafeteria." He said as he led me down the hall which went off to the right and led to the cafeteria.

"Thank you." I said as I looked around for Verner.

"Here, I'll find him with you. Oh I am Anders, what's your name?"

"Justinia." I replied.

            He took my hand as we entered the crowd of students so I wouldn’t lose him. I couldn’t understand anyone, and I felt so out of place. Anders looked back at me and smiled when we got to the salad bar. He stopped and looked around. His face lit up and I knew he spotted Verner. He pulled me along to the corner of the cafeteria and we found Verner sitting with some other guys.

"Here you are miss." Anders said jokingly.

"Why thank you sir." I joked back.

"Justinia, you came! Thanks for helping her Anders." Verner said.

"No problem, hey, are you a fan of the band my dad manages?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, my dad gave me three tickets I could give to my friends, and not all my friends are into rock so I thought maybe you would like a ticket." Anders explained.

"Seriously? That would be so nice of you!"

"Here it is, and it's no problem." Anders said handing the ticket over. Verner took it and held it like it was about to shatter into a million pieces if he wasn’t careful.

"Thank you," Verner called as Anders waved, "Justinia, take a seat." Verner said pulling a chair next to him.

            I took out my lunch and sat down. Verner's friends spoke English well, but made some minor grammar mistakes. I wish I could speak French this well! That's the language I studied at my school. Verner eventually asked why I was in Sweden. I said that I came to visit my friend Jay, but he countered it by saying "but isn’t school in session for you?" I completely froze.

"Yeah, well, my parents excused me from school for a month." I said shakily.

"Okay, um, do you like it here?"

"Oh yes, it's really nice. I love learning about other cultures." I replied.

"I always wanted to go to America. It must be nice there." Verner said.

"It is I guess, but I always prefer the places I travel to." I said.

            Verner's friends got up saying something I didn’t understand. Verner looked back at me and I sat there awkwardly.

"So, can you explain why you won't tell me the truth about anything?" Verner asked.

"What? What do you mean?" I said flustered.

"You aren't visiting your friend Jay. There is no way any parent would let their child just miss a month of school to visit a friend. So why are you here? Do your parents even know?" Verner asked.

"I really can't say much."

"Why can't you stay with Jay? There is so much I don't know about you, can't you answer one question?"

"If you go to the concert all of your questions will be answered." I said finishing my lunch.

"Okay…you are strange you know that." Verner said.

"Thanks…" I said.

            Verner's phone started to buzz.

"My mom is here to take you back home."

"Oh, okay." I said starting to get up.

"I'll walk you outside." Verner said.

      The walk to the car was completely silent and awkward. I hope Verner would let all the questions go, I really couldn’t answer them. I would be blowing two  secrets. He would just have to wait.