The Beginning

He blinked his eyes open like waking up from a long exhausting dream.

Waking up to see a white sky above and light snow falling from the overcast - he felt the familiar coldness of the snow from below - welcoming him back after such a long departure.

He closed his eyes trying to remember where he was and blinked his eyes open once again and sat upright when he heard the familiar sound of music from within his coat pocket.

The music of the flute of the one-leaf bamboo his brother had gifted him. The glass-like flute sang loudly at him telling him through the different octaves his brother was searching for him.

Getting up from the snow was when he first realized how short to the ground he really was. Taking notice of his hands as well as his body was much smaller then he remembered; screams came thundering out of the ice covered woods startling him out of his thoughts for a moment, until he realized the screams came from the kids who always used to tease him when he was younger.

Screams of joy filled laughter, yet the forest became oddly quiet when the rest spotted him.

It was at this moment he wondered if he was still powerless. Unable to produce the most smallest and simplest of spells. When he was younger he always thought his latent abilities to cast spells made him weak - it certainly made him the laughing stock of the Ice Clan.

With their raised arms spells forming in the palm of each of their hands - yet he knew what was going to happen and just stood there. Silently waiting for the attack that was never going to touch him. Balls of ice and snow freeze in mid-air and bounce off an invisible shield playfully hitting the kids of the ice clan as they retreat.

He turns around and freezes. He knew his brother had saved him long ago - he knew his brother had stopped the spells from hitting him - so why did his heart pound like crazy?

After all he had spent the last several years on finding a way to save his brother - he had frozen his heart to stop the aging process; he went back 10,000 years into the past looking for a way - a cure - he used the Scarlett Lotus sacrificing his own life to save him. But all it did was send him back to this point in time.

He knew he was sent back to change the things that shouldn't have happened. And he was going to help his brother to be the one and only King of the Ice Clan and the Three Kingdoms.