•Chapter one•

"Table 5," Amy Points over to the far table to my left while handing me a plate of meat lovers pizza. "The blonde one is feisty."

As I walk over I could see a blonde girl, not to mention all her makeup, making out with her boyfriend. Definitely a date, which probably might end up a bit more than a date.

"Meat lovers pizza." I say as they still don't pull apart.

I cleared my throat loudly. The blonde finally stopped eating her boyfriends face as she glares at me.

I didn't bother saying it again, I just put it down in front of them then turned and walked away.

"What a lovely table to finish my shift on." I say keeping a straight face. Amy laughs.

I've been working at 'sugar&sweets' for two years now, for really good pay. I've made friends with Amy in that time.

Amy is a brunette who always wears something purple. Whether it's her socks, undies or hair clip. There's not a day that she doesn't wear something purple.

Me on the other hand, is more of a 'wear anything that's boring' type. I don't care about whether my shirt is pink or if it's black. Baggy clothes are more comfortable than skirts. But I do like cardigans.

Amy always bugs me that I look like I'm going to a funeral. I actually have never been to one. At least I will know what to wear if I do.

"Alrighty." I say as I take off work jacket and put on my black cardigan with white polka dots on the bottom.

"Who's funeral are you going to this time?" Amy raising her eyebrows at my black clothes.

I look around the room then my eyes landed back on Amy and I smiled sweetly.
"I haven't decided yet."

"Out of anyone in here, I'd murder the blonde one." She says pointing at the couple who were previously making out. Now they realise they have food in front of them. It's good to know that she can do more with her mouth than snog. Just saying.

I swing my bag across my body and let my brown curly hair lose out my pony tail.
"This one has polka dots on them."

"That doesn't make it any less boring."

I poke my tongue out at Amy as she crossed her eyes.

"Edythe... you might want to stay for another ten minutes because Mr. Hottie 1 and Mr. Hottie 2 just walked through the door." Amy says to me nodding over to the entrance.

She was right. Two men, about nineteen years old, came walking through the doors wearing suits. Maybe they went to a wedding or something. Or a funeral?

"Because I am your best friend, I will let you take their order." Amy said shoving the pen and notepad in my hands then my pushing me out from behind the counter.

"No, what!" My eyes widened.

"Come on! You know you want to!" Amy smirks.

From that point I knew I didn't have a choice. Plus who wouldn't want to take their order?

I stumble over to the table they were sitting in. By the time I reached them I was so nervous I forgot my own name.

"Ah.."

"Oh, yes, hi could we please get a Chicken Burger and a Hawaiian Pizza?" The blonde boy said smiling.

"And a lemonade." The brunette boy added not looking up from his menu.

"Sure." I say quietly writing it down. "That's all?"

"Yes, thanks." The blonde one smiled.

I don't waste another second, I turned around and walked straight outta there.