•Chapter nineteen•

"He's here!" Amy yells as she shakes my shoulders violently like I didn't get the message.

"Okay! Okay! Go!" I push her away and out the door. I watched from the window, her walking out to see Sebastian waiting by his car.

I smiled at both of them.

"Are you ready to go?" Eugene says from behind me.

"Yup." I smile.

We are going to visit Bea today, I was very excited to see her bubbly self. I heard she has been nagging Eugene to see me, which made me laugh.

"Did Sebastian tell you where he's taking Amy?" I ask him as we start the engine in the black car.

The hospital is only 20 minutes away.

"I think he's taking her to the Aquarium." He replied.

"She'll love that." I smile.

Finally they are going out. Amy was over at the mansion waking me up at 6 this morning just to get ready for the pick up at 10. Yeah, four hours of choosing an outfit, hair and makeup. I had to convince her to use light makeup because I know that Sebastian wants to see her actual face and not a makeup coated one.

She literally used up all of my eye liner because she couldn't get the wing right.

I was pretty much left with my eyelash curler and my cherry lip gloss I hid in my pocket.

"My hair looks like a crime scene." I say as I catch my reflection in the window.

"You look perfect, Edythe." He whispered under his breathe covering it up with a cough. My heart beats against my chest so hard as I heard it. I looked at him and he smiled awkwardly and a tad embarrassed.

We sat in silence for a few minutes until we pulled up at the hospital.
I tie my hair back in a bun to get the curls off my face, and follow Eugene to the reception.

"Two passes meeting Bea-"

"Only one is allowed to visit today. Family members only." The old lady said glaring at her computer.

"One pass then." Eugene sighed.

The lady looked up and slide the visiting pass across the table.

"One has to stay in the reception area. Sorry for the convenience." Although she didn't sound sorry at all.

Eugene took the pass and gave it to me. I started to say something but then remembered that Bea wanted to see me. So I took the pass as Eugene took a seat in the reception.

I went down the corridor to find door 34 which was on the first floor... somewhere. All I see was white; walls, floors, equipment, doors and ceilings. They could have spiced this up a bit and added some colour... at least to their shoes. I feel like I'm in the movie 'the island' or 'the maze runner.' Where everyone is dressed in white.

God what if we had a future like that? Beats me, we probably will.

I shifted at the thought of my children living in that world, or my grandchildren. Then I frown at the thought of even thinking about having children.

Do I want children?

My goodness slow down, I tell myself, you gotta get married first.