•Chapter ten•

"Mum!" I yell giving her a hug. I haven't seen her all week.

"Hello, sweetie." She smiles.
"How's your new job? Is he nice? I heard he is unbelievably gorgeous."

A snorted a little.
"I'm guessing Amy told you that."

"But seriously? How is it?" She asks as we sit on the sofa.

"Well, his house owns a whole library! I bring him coffee every morning, he's very busy and grumpy most of the time. He has a younger brother, Hunter, and his best friend, Sebastian. And god, his mother is the devil from hell."
I explain.

Like I told Amy, mum listened to my every detail of the week. I missed out the parts were Bea and his father was mentioned.

"Sounds like his opening up to you." Mum says eating a cashew from the pantry.

"Sebastian said it took him a whole year to break down his walls." I say.

Mum smiles. "Looks like your doing something right then."

I sniffed a laugh and turned to face the Tv.

My phone vibrated in the couch beside me. I picked it up and read the name on the screen.

"Mum, it's Eugene, I'll be upstairs." I say to her. She smiled and nodded.

"Hello?" I answered walking upstairs.

"Edythe." He greeted. "I'm going on a trip."

I frowned. He's leaving? Maybe it's a good thing, then I won't have to deal with his grumpy attitude.

I sat by my window. "Well I'm going on a trip too." I started.
"It starts in Narnia, works its way up to Candyland and then hey, congratulate me because I'm the new Defensive Against The Arts teacher at Hogwarts!"

Silence.

"Hogwarts?"

You've got to be bloody kidding me.

"Muggles." I mumble shaking my head in disappointment.

"Anyway," he continued. "The company my mother is working for has a new hotel. Mother gave us plane tickets for the three of us; Sebastian, Hunter, you and I, to go-"

"Hold up. Plane tickets?" I question.

"Well, that's the thing... it's in Orlando."

"Orlwhat-o"

"Orlando." He repeats more slowly.

"I heard what you said." I roll my eyes.

I hear him groan in annoyance. "I'm between a rock and a hard place here sweetheart."

"What?"

"Never mind." He says. "She also has a ticket for herself but since the whole... date thing... she decided not to go."

I think for a second before replying. Orlando is quite far away.

"What's the purpose of this trip?"

"Technically we have to stay there for five nights and give them approval for an opening." He replied.

I tap my finger on my window. "And how long have I got to make up my mind?"

"Two days."

"Two days!" I exclaim through the phone.

"Ouch my ears." I hear him mumble.