later [3]

|| e m i l y ||

the boys stand in front of the mirror, admiring their matching tattoos before we bandage them up. taking pictures of their freshly made tattoos and comparing them to each other.

"you did a good first tattoo." i tell jake, taking another peek at michael's tattoo.

"thanks, i'm really excited to join you, pierce and tyler as main artists." he smiles, making me give him a little shove to the shoulder.

"you'll get there, don't worry."

-=+=-

|| l u k e ||

i couldn't help but notice how suspiciously emily was acting. she had that mask on, despite her not actually being sick. her faking is awful.

then the silence and refusal to talk? i remember 3 years ago when i got to be her first human canvas. the tattoo looks like it was done yesterday, it's so bold. our conversation was just small talk, and i had a lot more questions as i just got to know her but she seemed so much more at ease then.

i kept trying to get a booking at her shop but it was either so busy the only empty slot is when we are out of the country, or the day we come in, she has an off day. the guys don't mind, they think she's just another famous tattoo artist with a bunch of jobs.

but i recognised emily.

it was dangling right out of my reach but i just couldn't grasp it. there's a reason why she's ignoring us and i have a feeling it's not a good reason.

no.

it couldn't be.

it couldn't be the same emily i knew in high school.

this emily is so much hotter. if she really was in high school, i don't know why i didn't fuck her then and there.

this emily was different. she couldn't be the emily i knew.

right?

it didn't matter though because me and the boys were to busy geeking out over our little connection. it didn't matter that the band split or that we were in different places in the world after we retire or something, we'd always have a piece of each other wherever we go.

"i'll take payments." the guy who tattooed michael shouts, walking back to the foyer.

"you guys go ahead. i'm staying behind, i'll pay too." i tell my band mates jogging to make sure that no one pulls out their credit cards. i needed an excuse to go talk to emily afterwards.

"alright luke. see you in a bit." ashton says, walking out right behind michael, calum still talking with tyler before leaving as well.

"thanks mate." i say, when he hands me back the credit card. i start to walk towards emily but the cashier stops me.

"emily's in her office. she has a 3 hour after this, don't take too long."

slowly making my way down the steps to her station, i see her filling up some ink and switching out needles.

if this really was the emily i knew and nearly killed, surely i'd recognise her. the experience was traumatic for both of us, some tattoos and change of hair colour won't be enough to mask my recognition for her.

"hey emily." i say, sidling onto a nearby chair. she only had a tank top on now, taking off the sweater that she had on while tattooing me. the tank top was incredibly showing and looked odd because of the mask still on her face too.

"hi." she responds bluntly, not bothering to spare me a glance. "i have a 3 hour and i need to prep luke. what's up?"

"what's your real last name emily lynn." i smirk, shuffling a little closer to her.

"it's lynn. i told you that 3 years ago and it hasn't changed hemmings."

"feisty now are we." i place my hand on her turned away cheek and gently push her head to face me. slowly, i wrap my finger around the end of her face mask and take it off. i don't know why it's there, she really didn't look like the emily i knew. my lips turning up into a smirk.

"tell me miss lynn. have you known me before?" my face was ever so slightly gravitating towards her. we were so close i could smell the coffee in her breath.

"no." she responds bluntly, turning her face away from me yet again.

i see a picture on her desk. a picture of her.

not emily lynn,

but emily tate.

"who's this then miss lynn." she turns around to see the picture but merely takes it into her own hands and places the frame face down.

"a friend. we were close in college."

maybe this isn't emily tate. i'm probably seeing things. but now that i know that this isn't the girl i nearly killed, all guilt subsides.

i corner her, pinning her wrists to the wall above her head. she had a different eye colour than emily, but that same drive and anger that i saw in emily's eyes when we argued.

not saying anything, i plant a kiss on her exposed collarbone. i felt her knees buckle and relying on my grip on her wrists to hold her up.

she was whimpering, like she wanted me to go away. but there was this look on her face that told me she didn't want to stop.

"luke. luke." she moans, like she was trying to suppress the euphoria but just couldn't help herself.

"do you want me to keep going babe?" i mutter in her ear, proceeding to nibble on her earlobe.

she shivered, goosebumps running up and down her exposed arms. but her head was shaking side to side, no.

"but i know you like it." i whisper in her other ear. now proceeding to bite for neck, making her yelp.

i could see she wanted to get out of my grasp, she was wiggling and fighting to release herself. but i knew she was too vulnerable and enjoying herself way too much to stop.

"luke. stop." she groans.

"i like how you say my name."

it was just me being a tease, i didn't want to do anything to her, but just let her know that i was very capable of making her feel good.

"seriously luke, stop." my grip on her must've slacked because she was able to slip out of my human restraints with ease.

"emily! your 3 hour is here." a guy shouts from outside her office. i didn't want to leave, with her wrapped around my finger i could get any information i wanted out of her pretty little mouth. but i knew i had to stop.

"bye cupcake. have fun."