chapter three

Lukas' POV

Philip: we're going out tonight
7:52 p.m, friday

Lukas: oh are we now?
7:53 p.m, friday

Philip: yes. i'm on my way to your house right now. gabe let me use his truck.
7:55 p.m, friday

lukas: we can't go out in this town, everyone will see us.
7:57 p.m, friday

Philip: we aren't. we're going to the city.
7:57 p.m
Philip: i'm here.
7:58 p.m

lukas: on my way out now
7:59 p.m

"So, what're we gonna do tonight?" I asked Philip as he was driving down my dirt street, into town.

"Maybe go get some pizza from a real pizza place. Um, walk around? Hang out away from this dead beat town." Philip stated. He looked over at me for a second and smiled.

Oh my, he's so beautiful.

We drove for about 2 hours until we were in the city. I've been to the city many times with my dad, but it looked so pretty at night. It looked even more amazing as it lit up Philip's face.

"There's this pizza place my mom would take me to when I was little. It was my favorite place and they would always have amazing pizza and everyone was so nice." Philip spoke in a soft voice, a small smile etched of his features.

"Is that where we're going?" I asked, fondly looking at the beautiful boy in front of me.

"Yeah, it's right up there, you see it? It says 'Pizza Palace'." He pointed out, I nodded. It was written out in neon red and you could see inside. Families sitting around a table, laughing, enjoying life.

He finally found a place to park and we made our way into the warm pizza place. It was a bit chilly outside so it was nice to be in the warm.

"Table for two?" A women asked, she looked to be in her early twenties. She seemed nice.

"Yes, thank you." Philip spoke, the women sat us in the back by a window. I was thankful for that because we could have our privacy and look out at the pretty city.

We ordered our pizza and drinks and we just stared at each other intently. I had this fluttering feeling in the pit of my stomach. The feeling I always have around Philip.

"My mom passed away when I was really young, but I remember when she would come home with pizza sometimes. It was my favorite when I was little, still is. She would drive all the way to the city for it. It was kind of like this, from what I remember." I spoke, looking down at my pizza.

Philip had this soft, loving smile across his face. He looked so content, like he was happy to hear about my mom and my memories with her. She would be so happy for me if she could see me now. She would love Philip.

"Your mom seems so amazing, I would've loved to have met her." He said with a sad little glint in his eye.

"She would have loved you. I wish she was still here so I could tell her about you." I replied, smiling softly.

--

"Thank you, have a wonderful night." Philip spoke to the women who sat us. He even gave her a 10 dollar tip.

Once we were outside, I stopped Philip from walking. I grabbed him by his cheeks and leaned in, kissing him. He was surprised, but kissed back.

"You just kissed me

"You just kissed me. Outside. In Public." He said, a smile on his face. He looked like a child on Christmas morning and it made my stomach do flips.

"Yeah, well no one cares who you are in the city

"Yeah, well no one cares who you are in the city." I said, shrugging it off. I grabbed his hand and walked along with him to Gabe's truck.