Chapter 4: Snow :)

Jayden’s POV

 Before i post this guys, i need critique! if you arent a member on here message me on google+ tell me what you think. and please comment! i need more readers so please tell your friends!

The moment i set foot on the ground near her house. The energy of the Ley lines surged through me, stemming my nerves, and awakening every cell in my body. It’s a suprise shay has managed to stay hidden for so long. Then I saw the snow, flowing lightly on the sky only to land softly on the ground, appearing as fluffy as a cloud.

I smiled as i watched her. Her face glowing even in the night, it’s no wonder my younger brother was already falling for her. I recall he had called it love at first sight, something i know absolutely nothing about, yet i understand why.

I saw the beauty of her innocence as she smiled in delight at the snow. Suddenly an idea came to my mind. I waved my hand towards the snow some feet away, pulling the snow up slightly in the shape of a heart. I leaned back softly in the shadows anxiously awaiting her reaction.

She seemed not to notice it at first, the light blue glow from the magic of my palms left a residue that she was attracted to. A smile lit up her pretty face as she comprehended what she was seeing in the snow. A series of emotions flew over her face, i tried to understand them the best that i could. Excitement, happiness, weariness, then sadness. She took a step looking around at the shadows. I prayed i wouldn’t be seen. She went back to her friend pretending as if nothing had ever happened.

I released my power, allowing the snow to sink back into its natural place. Normally i would have shown some sort of exertion from the power that i had spent, even if it was very little. Yet i felt stronger than ever, which was a clear result of the multiple ley lines which crossed beneath me.

No one would dare approach her tonight. Not one of any inhuman race anyways. Not now that the sapphire coven has gotten involved with her. I left her there knowing my brother was most likely somewhere around watching over her like a lovesick puppy. I still felt hesitant to leave her…

I concentrated my energy carefully to my palms, allowing them to draw energy from the ley lines so as not to draw my own energy. I allowed the magic to transport me to the catacombs. I was there in a matter of milliseconds. I used my hands to light my way through the intense darkness. The shadows dark and alluring.

“We have found her.” I spoke throwing the great doors to the hall open just wide enough for me to slip through.

“So I have heard from your brother.” stated Elder Callen. “But what is her status?” he asked none too kindly.

“She is completely untrained and pure. She knows absolutely nothing.” I answered flatly. None too pleased by the Elder’s sudden curiosity in Shay. I was beckoned closer to sit by him in his chair.

“And her sapphires?” He questioned.

“Not coming in yet although i suspect that our sudden appearance will help to spurr their growth.” I imagined the beauty of her gems. The beauty of the stones came from the amount of strength that the owner had. If she was from the prophecy like everyone is saying then her sapphire would be unlike anything that i have ever seen.

“Your brother speaks very highly of her.” He says a mischevious glint in his eye. I laugh softly. That would be Alex.

“Yes he does seem to be quite smitten by her.” I said suddenly feeling slightly defensive over her.

“Let’s hope that he does not take that too far.” The elder said becoming harsh, not holding back his disdain and the prospect of punishment if any line were crossed.

I didn’t rely instead as Elder Callen appeared in deep thought i snuck out one of the smaller side doors unnoticed by the wicked Elder. I have never seen someone more corrupt deep inside than him....