❄️Chapter 2❄️

'Last year, I gave you my heart. The very next day, you gave it away...'
The music was nonstop Christmas throughout the local pet store.

I walked down the isles of food for cats, parakeets/parrots, hamsters, gerbils. Mostly any animal you could think of before I finally found the food I was looking for.

I scanned it over and grabbed the one with a small bulldog on the front. It said 'Blue's Dog Chow' so why not. And it was for small puppy's too.

I walked away from the isles with the large back in one hand and the small puppy in the other. How do people do this?

Soon, I knew I wouldn't be able to hold Ruby and hold her food with supplies and toys for her. So I snatched a cart from the long row of them, placing both the food and the small husky in it.

I turned with it and walked to the isle of toys for dogs. Stopping in front of the rack, I ruffled Ruby's fur and whispered, "What'da want for Christmas, girl?"

Ruby just looked at me with a glint in her little eyes that left me speechless. She really was adorable.

I smiled and turned back to the rack of toys, scanning my eyes over them and walking up to grab a toy that looked pinkish, reddish, and it looked like a small gingerbread man. I grinned at the thought of her playing in front of Hannah, showing her what Hannah was missing from her own life.

I grabbed the chew toy and placed it in the cart, along with 2 other toys that looked similar. One was a snowflake that was less rubber and more soft. And the other was a reindeer that had a red nose and huge eyes.

Next, I headed off into the isle of.. Wait, clothes? There's clothes for dogs? Who knew.

I glanced down, seeing a small miss' clause outfit. Shrugging, I put it in the cart too. What could be the worst that could happen, really?

Finally, my doggy- oh crap, a cage! Or bed. I sped off to the beds and cages and looked them all over. Finally, I just grabbed a blue and purple bed that looked quite big, compared to Ruby, before heading back to the front checkout counters.

I placed each item on the counter without looking at the person who was checking the items.

"Do you.. Need to buy the husky one more time?" A small voice asked and my eyes travelled upward immediately, looking to see who said it.

My eyes widened when I saw who it was. That girl... I smiled lightly when I realized what she had said.

"No, no. I was just buying things for the little Ruby." I replied, snatching the small puppy from the cart and holding her.

"Oh alright." She laughed, pricing the bed.

"I see you're a worker here?" I asked her, kissing the top of Ruby's fluffy head that was now, finally starting to wake up. I had headed here straight from the pound.

First, Ruby let out a small yawn and then looked up at my with huge blue eyes. "She's a beauty." I mumbled, poking the tip of the husky's nose.

"She sure is. And yep! I certainly work here. I came by the pound a few minutes ago and I left after the little one here got adopted! Came straight here since this is my work!" She chuckled and looked at the empty line behind me.

I smiled and watched as she placed the last item in a bag. "That's cool. Wait," I started off before stopping, turning to look at her as I grabbed the bags.

"Hm?" She hummed, raising her eyebrows.

"What's your name?" I questioned, causing her to look at me with a silly look and point to her chest, where a name tag also was.