❄️Chapter 4❄️

"Um, No. That's not what I said, sir. I told you that my friend was robbed. And his dog is either missing, or was taken!" Hannah exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air in annoyance.

The policeman that was supposed to be helping us was, instead, hindered.

I sighed, hearing the whole. conversation play out in front of me while I was currently sitting down in a waiting chair with my head in my hands.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry. I hear what you're saying, but I can't do anythi-"

"Oh, you can do something about this!" She bellowed back angrily.

The officer had had enough when she had said that, he spoke loudly back at her, "Ma'am, please! We can't do anything for you. Why not go to the CSI or something! Maybe your dreams will come true then!"

I slowly picked my head up to look at the scene and my eyes had widened at this point. "Uh.. Sir, we're very very sorry about this. I-I'm sorry, that.. She acted this way.. Come on, Hannah. We'll just figure this all out by ourself, okay?" I say embarrassingly, standing up and walking toward the two. Both of their attention now aimed at me.

She looked at me with an angered look flaring through her eyes, she wasn't going to give up. So before she could do anymore embarrassment and attention toward us, I yanked her by her arm and pulled her out of the department, quickly flashing the seething policeman an apologetic look.

Once I was fully out and we were standing a few feet in front of Hannah's Cherokee, I snapped.

"Han! What the hell was that! You were-no, we were supposed to talk to the policeman together! Not you going all 'if-I-don't-get-what-I-want,-all-hell-will-break-loose'! I can't believe this!" I exclaimed, running a hand through my hair in annoyance.

Hannah looked at me with her usual mad, but knowing, look, and finally speaking, "Shawn, I gotta say two things. One, you sat down and didn't say anything. Two, you gotta say it, man. That idiotic policeman is such a huge jerk! What's wrong with him! He's supposed to be a freakin' policeman! You know, nice, jolly, not mean!"

I sighed, rolling my eyes and shaking my head towards her, "Why are you so mad? Your grandad's nicer than that! And when did you ever care about what someone else told you?"

Hannah looked at me as if I knew everything. "You are right. But.. That doesn't mean that I shouldn't be mad at that idiot because he couldn't help us find Ruby."

I nodded and shrugged, "Yeah so, how do we get her back now?"

Hannah smirked, "I think I've got some.. Friends."

My eyes widened slightly at this. She better not be thinking of... The Night Catchers...

Okay, okay. I know you must think, 'That is the most stupidest name in the entire world!' Alright, your not wrong... But.. That's because these are the stupidest people.

Their names are Sam and Eddie. Ed for short, and also, Sam is short for Samantha. They work together for secret crimes at night and it's.. Sad you could say. The most they've ever caught would be a fly. So what did Hannah think The Night Catchers could do?

Hannah didn't speak a word as we got inside her Cherokee and driving out of the parking lot.

"Please tell me your not thinking about The Night Catchers.." I mumbled aloud, glancing at Hannah before fiddling with my fingers and staring at the dashboard.

Hannah looked over at me, shocked. "You can't be serious, Shawn. I would never ask those two to help me out on something so.. Serious."

I was instantly confused by her answer, that wasn't expected at all. "Well then...who are your..friends?" I trailed off, asking her the question.