Chapter 2

SS

Severus stormed through the door of Dumbledore's office with rage. Dumbledore had sent a house elf to wake him up for a meeting at 3 am and he was not happy.

After walking into the room where the blue-eyed man stood, Severus mouth opened to say something but was cut off short.

"Would you like a chocolate frog Severus? They really are quite tasty." Dumbledore asked, holding out the candy in his hand. Severus glared at the man.

"No, I would not. I would like to know why you called me up here at such an early hour." Dumbledore looked at Severus with the same twinkle in his eyes that showed he was up to something.

"Aah yes, I presume you do want to know so I will pour us some tea while you sit down." Dumbledore says, motioning Severus to sit down. As much as he was annoyed, Severus sat down on the couch.

"No sugar." Severus says bluntly, knowing the tea was already going to be to sweet for his liking. Severus watched the old man with annoyance as he waved his wand and summoned two fresh cups of tea. Putting his wand away, the blue-eyed man picked up the cups, handing one to Severus and sat down. Severus took one sip of the tea and he grimaces in disgust. Dumbledore doesn't seem to notice and starts to talk.

"I have called you here to ask of a favor." Dumbledore says setting his tea down, gently. Severus does the same, eyeing the man suspiciously.

"What kind of favor?" Severus asks.

"You are familiar with the boy Harry Potter, right?" Dumbledore says.

"Sadly, yes. Why?" Severus glares at the man with confusion and rage.

"Well it's hard to say this but," He pauses to take a drink of his tea before continuing. "I need a professor that can go check up on the boy. Since all the professors are out for the summer, i needed to ask you." Dumbledore explains looking straight into Severus's eyes. Severus's face turned shocked.

"Absolutely not! I will not be checking in on Potter for you! Why can't you do it?" Severus yells. Dumbledore smiles sweetly at Severus's stubbornness.

"I am leaving tomorrow for a month long trip to Romania. It'll just be five minutes. Please Severus." Dumbledore pleaded.

Severus got up and walked over to the window in rage and stared out of it. 'He must be dense if he thinks I'll-' Severus thoughts were interrupted.

"Do it for Lily, Severus."

Severus's head spun around at the name, the name he hadn't heard in thirteen years. He stared into Dumbledore's baby blue eyes with defeat.

Severus glared at the man and walked towards the door, not caring that he spilled his tea. Just as Dumbledore opened his mouth to say something, Severus interrupted.

"I'll do it tomorrow. Your just lucky I loved her." Severus slammed the door, leaving an accomplished-looking man behind.