Chapter 3

I was walking up the street towards the orphanage after my shift at starlight.

My head was full of questions that needed answers. Who is Andreu La Shoné? How did he know about me being an orphan? How did he know about my necklace?

He asked me to meet him, but can I trust him. If he knows that much about me, is he a stalker? Would meeting him be dangerous? As I thought, I arrived at the orphanage, and I walked in.

I had planned to go straight into my room, but I was stopped at the entrance by Misaki, a girl of my age. She is a terrible bully.

"You know, white head, I was supposed to do the dishes, but I don't really feel like it. You will do it for me, won't You."  After she said that, she laughed and left the room.

I stared after her in disbelief and walked into the kitchen to find a huge pile of dishes. I sighed and started washing them.

I know I shouldn't do what she says, but If I don't do it, my life gets even harder, and I don't want that.

I finished the dishes and walked to my room.

In my room, I simply laid on my bed and thought about today.

No matter how many times I thought it through, the answer was the same.

I wanted to know. I wanted to learn the truth behind my parents. Who were they, and why did they abandon me?

I wanted answers, and he was the only one who could give them to me. No matter how dangerous he might be, I needed answers, so I picked up my alarm clock and set the alarm for tomorrow morning.