Chapter 8

I woke up. The bed seemed way too comfortable before I remembered what had happened yesterday and opened my eyes to see the roof of my new room.

I stood up from the bed and went to open the curtains. I pulled them apart and opened the door in the window to get to the balcony.

Down in the garden, I could see a gardener tending the plants. The morning was a little chilly, so I went inside and closed the door.

I walked to the closet and took out a beautiful but simple blue dress that caught my eye. I put it on, and the size was perfect. I wonder how they got it right.

Andreu couldn't have told them. Could he?

The dress covered my neck, and it was knee length. It didn't have sleeves. I put on my necklace and blue shoes with a slight heel that I found from the closet.

I love dressing myself up, but I didn't really get to do it cause I didn't have that much clothing.

When I finished dressing up, I walked to the dresser and sat down. I looked at myself from the mirror.

My hair was a mess. I looked around the dresser and found a hairbrush, and brushed my hair. Then I took a blue ribbon from the drawer and tied them on top of my head into a ponytail. I didn't put makeup on. It ruins my Skin if I use it too often. I did the last check-up and left the room.

I walked downstairs thinking that I should find a kitchen cuz I'm starving. I got to the front door when Louis stopped me. "I see that you have already woken up. Heading for breakfast?"

He said from behind me and startled me. "Don't sneak up on people Louis and yes. I am heading for breakfast. I don't know where to go." I said, and he smiled.

"I apologize, princess. I am also heading for breakfast so you can accompany me." He said, and I agreed that we were walking towards the second floor's dining room, not first like I thought.

This place is just so confusing. Louis gave me a huge file of papers. "In that, there are all the names and pictures of the quests. I have marked all the must-knows with a star at least memorize them. After breakfast, we will have a dance lesson. Then we will have lunch in the lunchroom which is on the first floor. After lunch, I will show you to the library, which takes most of the fourth floor. You will study the kingdom's history and other relevant things there. Then at five o'clock, we have dinner in the dining room, which is the same as breakfast. After dinner, you are free to do what you want, but you need to be in the fitting room at eight. The kingdom's best designer will come to measure you for your dress. Also, if you are hungry before you go to sleep, you can ask the maids to bring you something." He finished telling me my schedule when we arrived at the dining room.

The breakfast was delicious and grand. I ate together with Louis as he is my tutor. He told me the basics of eating etiquette as we ate. After breakfast, we headed towards the ballroom to practice my dance.

The ballroom is on the first floor next to the audience chamber. The ballroom is grand and decorated with gold and silver. The floor is white marble, just like my room. We started the practice with the waltz. I got the hang of it pretty fast, and Louis was a good lead and a teacher. We waltzed until the clock was two, and we headed for the lunchroom.

The Lunch wasn't as grand as the breakfast, but it was delicious. It was a traditional Japanese food. The chef must have done this for me. I suddenly felt thrilled because of it.

I finished the food, and Louis showed me to the fourth-floor library, and it was huge. I have never seen so many books in one place. Louis made me sit at a table, got us some books, and started teaching me about the kingdoms.

I had already heard most of this from Andreu, but Louis explained it to me in more detail.

Like how the ocean kingdom is completely underwater and how the ocean kingdom's citizens can breathe underwater; apparently, I am also able to breathe underwater. I was surprised cuz I didn't know that.

He also told me how the nature kingdom is living with plants in harmony and understanding what the plants are saying.

These two kingdoms try to stay neutral and not to get in conflict. They are peaceful and nice kingdoms. Louis told me that I could get along with them greatly.

He told me how the sun always shines in the kingdom of sun and how there is always night in the kingdom of night.

It seems like these two kingdoms don't get along and that they are always bickering about something because they are the opposites and how it's my kingdoms job to make sure nothing happens and that the balance stays.

The entire study session was fascinating and before I even noticed was time for dinner. We headed to the dining room, still discussing the earth's ecosystem, closest to my kingdoms.

I entered the dining room and smelled the lovely smell of spicy chicken. I could smell curry and chili. Then I finally got the food in front of me, and it was delicious.

We continued the conversation by discussing the earth's plants and air. After dinner, I headed to my room to memorize the names and faces of the quests.

I went into my own living room. I curled on the couch and started going through the list. I was completely immersed in my reading, and when I checked the clock for the first time, it was a quarter to eight already, and I had to leave for my fitting.

I left the papers on the table and headed for the fitting room on the fourth floor. Louis had shown me where it was when we were going to the library.

I arrived just in time and founded Louis along with the designer discussing the materials for the dress. I announced my presence, and the designer introduced himself to me.

"It's an honor to design a dress for you, your highness. My name is Victor Shawn, this kingdom's best fashion designer." I smiled and replied. "It's an honor to get a dress designed by you, Victor." He seemed really happy when I said this, and Louis smiled at me acceptingly.

Victor took my measures, and we picked the materials for the dress. The rest I left for him. He said that he would be back for the final fitting in a couple of days.

After the fitting, I returned to my room and continued my memorizing. The day had been hectic, but I had enjoyed it. Maybe this place could prove out to be a great place to live in.

I know that I am lucky to have been born a princess, but I promised myself that I would never forget what my life was like at the orphanage.

The days went by studying, practicing the dance, memorizing the names and faces of the quests. I had learned my way around the castle and the town that I visited from time to time.

When the party got closer, the castle got livelier when the maids and butlers prepared for it. You could smell delicious smells from the kitchen as they prepared for the party.

People were busy cleaning and preparing tables, clothing, and polishing the silverware. Before I even noticed, the week had gone by, and the party was tomorrow.

I was excited. I was super excited. I looked at my beautiful blue dress hanging in my closet with tons of sparkles, embedded diamonds, and silver linings. It was shoulderless, and the front was heart-shaped. It was ankle length and frilly. I had blue high heels to go with it.

It was my dream dress, and I would get to wear it tomorrow. I was happy, happiest I have ever been to. The people treated me better than anyone has ever treated me. Nobody was badmouthing me because I wanted to study.

I smiled and dived into the bed. Tomorrow I would get to meet all of the princes and the princess. I hope we will get along.

Louis said we would, and I trust him. Feeling happy about my new life, the party, and meeting the royal families, I fell asleep and shifted to the next day—the day of the party.