Chapter 18

"You need Christopher's help. Why?" Andreu looked at me, shocked, grabbing my left hand that had the ring on it.

"Opening a portal to the void is simple, and I could do it even now, but if I'm going to go fetch my parents, I need someone to keep the portal open. The portal can be kept open only by my relative or two people who have balancing powers meaning someone from sun and night kingdoms."

He looked at me for a moment and sighed. "I understand. You don't have relatives after all." He said that, and a moment of quietness went by, and then his face twisted.

"Fetch them! Are you going to enter the void? That's reckless! What if you can't get out?" I silenced him with my hand. "I'll get out. I promise you I'll get out, but this is the only way to save them."

He looked at me with sorrowful eyes. Suddenly he grabbed my hand and yanked me under him.

"I trust you. I really do, but I can't live in a world without you. You are my sun, my light. If you disappear, my light will disappear, blunging me to endless darkness."

He looked down on me. My messed up hair moved in the wind as I raised my hands to go behind his neck.

"Andreu. I love you. I promise you I will come back. Just trust me, I don't want to live without you either."

His face was that of sorrow, but he nodded and kissed me fastly and passionately, pushing me to the ground. Then we just laid there for a moment.

I rose from the ground. "I need to go now. I'll be in contact with Christopher and try to get him to work with us. Let's keep this a secret, alright if Louis finds out, he will so stop us. I'll text you when I know the time and place, okay."

Andreu nodded, and I stepped through the silver portal I made in a hurry. It was a night already, so I tried to quietly sneak into my room, but Louis caught me.

"Princess, where do you think you have been up till now." He was wearing striped pajamas and slippers. He was furious.

"Oh Louis, don't be like that. I was just at Olivia's place." He seemed to calm down a little but not completely.

"Oh, I see and not. What's with that hair all messed up and clothes covered in grass. Young lady, what have you been doing?"

I blushed slightly. "I swear it was just kissing. I. I accepted Andreu's proposal. We're planning to get married."

Louis stared at me for a moment, and then his face split into a smile as I showed him the ring.

"Is that so. That's something to celebrate, isn't it? I will arrange everything." I stopped him.

"Please, could that wait? I want to announce the engagement a little later on. Just a couple of weeks, alright. I'll tell you when it's fine."

He looked surprised for a moment. "Well, if you say so, then fine, I'll wait but now off to take a bath and to sleep." He pointed towards my room, and I left in a hurry.

After I took a bath and put on my pajamas, I sat on the couch in the living room and wrote a letter to Christopher.

I explained everything and asked for his help. I sealed the letter. I would take it to the mail tomorrow. I went to bed and fell asleep.

The next day I sent the letter to Christopher and started to wait for an answer.

In the perspective of Christopher

I was filing my papers as one of my servants came to bring me a letter.

"Prince, Prince, there is an urgent letter for you from the kingdom of truth.