Strawberries & Cream

"I know you've got a little life in you left.

I know you've got a little strength left.

I should be crying but I just can't let it show. I should be hoping but I can't stop thinking."

Maxwell- This Woman's Work

Jae|

Hmm. That question.."Where are you from?" I hated it the most.

He looked at me waiting for an answer.

"Ummm..." I didn't know what to say or whether to lie or not. Fuck... I was already some stubborn hood bitch. Now I was about to become some pity story.

I took another sip of my beer.

He looked at me and something in his eyes told me to just tell the truth.

"Well I don't know." I said casually walking out I his kitchen looking around finding his living room. I went and sat down on his sofa.

He soon sat down on the other end.

"You come from somewhere..." He said.

"Nah. Not me." I stared at the tv showing some car commercial.

"What's your name?" He asked looking at me. "You know my name nigga."

"What's your last name Jae?" He asked again clarifying what he meant.

"Lyons."

"You come from the Lyons family then. And where ever they come from..." He said.

"I didn't come from anywhere. Especially them...I'm just Jae."I snapped kinda harshly without meaning too.

He sat back and looked at the tv figuring out where this conversation was going.

"Look I'm sorry for poppin off on you like that, it's just that...I basically lived on my own most of my life." I spoke softly tappin my nails against the bottle. "Like a runaway?"

"Kinda. Well I was in an orphanage when I was six and after about 8 years I couldn't take it so I left."

"Sorry to hear that." He said. "You know you can trust me right?"

"Hmm...can I?" I laughed.

"What does that mean?" He said defensively.

"Nothing, I'm just saying. You got a hella fly crib, bad ass cars, a nice body. You can't tell me you ain't got no hoes livin off you." I smirked. He laughed and shook his head.

"Oh you'd be suprised." He said.

"So you mean to tell be you ain't gettin no bitches?"

"Is that bad? I'm on a paper chase."

"Fuck that. You ain't gay are you?" I questioned openly.

"Hell no! Most definitely fucking not!"

"Yo Prod, there's a car parked out side bro, I hope it's not the Feds staking out cuz that one time when I had that-....ooh nigga."

"Roc. What do you want?" He said talking to his friend who had just walked in.

I remembered him from the club. He was dressed casually in a white t shirt, red jeans, and some black sneakers today.

"I was just coming over to chill with my bro...but I see you got company. Hi again..." Roc said walking into his kitchen.

"Hello. Damn you really must not get any bitches." I said looking back at Prod.