Chapter Two: 'Slaying'

With a Starbucks cup in my hand, and my best friend beside me,  I walk in to school. After three years, things have definitely changed. 

Every year there is new faces, making me excited. I never go for the freshmen, from last year on wards, because I prefer older guys.  I mean the younger guys just don't have the skills.

Walking through the halls I feel everyone's eyes on Venus and I, making me feel a little uncomfortable. The girls around me a giving us the look of disgust, while the guys are giving us the look of lust. But we continue walking.

We soon see our friend Astrid, with her boyfriend, Franco. We walk over to them, in middle of them having a make out session. They didn't even notice us walk over.

"It's good to see you guys again too" I sassed. They stopped and looked over at us.

"Oh it's just you guys" Astrid smirked.

We giggled and hugged each other. We haven't seen each other since the start of summer, since she had to go and see her cousin in New York.

We stopped our embrace and she went and hugged Venus, while I hugged Franco.

"Hi hotness" I smirked.

"Hi sexy."

Franco and I have been close friends ever since we were in prams. Our parents used to be really close in high school, so we have been brought up together. Most of my favourite childhood memories involved him. Our parents had always tried to set us up but we only ever remained friends. Not saying that he isn't hot, I mean who gets asked to model for a famous underwear company? Not many. I had always thought him and Astrid would suit, and here they are.

We stopped our embrace, as did Venus and Astrid.

"So how did the 'slaying' go this summer girls" Astrid asked, while trying to do a seductive wink, but failing miserably, causing us to break into laughter.

After recovering from laughing, Venus speaks up.

"It wasn't to bad. I have some news! Well..........." she goes on about her acting career and the 'boyfriend'.

I'm not sure how well this would work, but I need to be happy for her cause it's been her dream since forever.

Taking sips from my Starbucks, I continue to 'listen' to Venus.

---------------------------------------

Walking to class I hear someone shuffling behind me. There was a guy, who looked high as hell, standing against some lockers. He had darker hair, which was slightly styled, and somewhat bushy eyebrows. He was wearing a denim jacket, that looked like it had seen better days, black skinny jeans, white shirt, and red Adidas Originals. I had never seen him before.

"Hey beautiful. Why don't you come help me, I'm new" he yelled, with a massive smirk on his face.

I nod and walk over to him, being unusually quiet. What am I doing?!

As I walk over to him he starts pulling out his schedule. He shows me and he has Algebra with Mr Jenkins.

"Where am I going?"

"That class is A6. Go to the first floor and the third on the right" I uttered.

"Okay thanks beautiful" he winked.

As he starts walking down the hall I yell out, "Hey what's your name?"

"You'll have to wait" he said cheekily.

------------------------------------