[1. Diet Soda Society]

Dan

-

I sighed and took out a make up wipe. I began to wipe off all of the make up for the day. "Ugh, I always forget purple looks bad on me," I grimaced, wiping off the purple lipstick. I then reapplied less intense makeup. It was 4pm on a Thursday, I wasn't about to take it all off in case we went out.  

"You're beautiful," Tyler countered from his spot leaning on the wall next to me. 

"To be honest, Im full of shit. But thats alright," I paused, rolling my eyes, "Anyways." 

I moved over to my bed. He came and sat next to me. 

"What was that 'super important matter' you spoke of?" I asked, raising and eyebrow. He grinned. 

"Well, theres this party on Saturday I wanna go to with you," He said nonchalantly. I raised an eyebrow. 

"Whats the real reason?" I asked. 

"Because everyone else that I know is. And," He paused, "Its at Marcus's," 

I snorted. "You're always trying to impress him," I pointed out. 

"How can you not want to?!" He beamed. I giggled at him. Its just a tough thing to get into a Butler party. So the fact that Tyler managed to is kinda impressive. I gave him a look. 

"For us humans to admit we like Marcus is hard," He grinned. I giggled and thought about it. 

-

"Hey," Tyler called looking at his phone. I hummed for him to continue. 

"This person on tumblr sounds like you," He smirked. 

"What's it say," I asked, furrowing my brow. 

"It has an aesthetic picture and says 'Why are we here? Will it matter if I'm here tomorrow? The stars will keep moving, after all.'" He read aloud. 

"Yes we all have the question but we don't know what the answer is," I replied, glancing up at him. "Hey! Here's one that's like you."

He scooted closer to me. 

"Its a picture of an aesthetic brain and it says, 'The brain is a funny place.'" I showed him. He snorted, nodding in agreement. 

There was silence for a moment. "Lets go to Graceffa's," Tyler suggested, breaking the comfortable silence. 

"I guess I could go for some ice cream," I hummed in agreement. 

-

PAUSE! THIS IS GRACEFFA'S!!!

-

We walked in Graceffa's Ice Cream. Its a quaint ice cream parlour on the corner of Sherlock Ave. and Winchester Dr.. Its a common hang-out spot for the teens of the town - i.e. us. 

"Hey guys!" Joey waved. He's one of our mutual friends. He goes to school with us. His parents own the place (he works behind the bar) and he gives us discounts because we come so often. 

He went over and sat on the bar stools. "Usual?" He asked, smiling. 

"Of course," I smirked. He began to whip us up our food. 

Then the small bell rang and there walked in the Teen Royalty. Aka: Zoe and Joe Sugg, children of the CEO of Maybelline (who only live here because they dont like the city); Ryan Higa, son of a man with billions of dollars in stocks; Shane Dawson, internet sensation and leading actor in teen movies like Not Cool; and finally Rosanna Pansino, daughter of two world renowned chefs. 

All three of us turned to look at them. "What are you looking at, losers?" Ryan snapped at us as they all sat at a booth. 

"Oblivion is where I'm headed," I sighed. 5 years ago everyone would've loved me. 5 years ago, I lived in London and everyone loved my pastel aesthetic. Now, here in this small Florida town, it was frowned upon. 

"My mind is on the brink of supernova," Tyler rested his head on the counter. 

"Just shut up," Zoe called over. That's when she said it. "I'm so sick of your shit!" She told me, "Just shut up and drink your diet soda." 

I contemplated punching her. But that would cause the unknown. The bloody unknown. But that would cause my every fear in essence. Getting grounded from the internet. Tylers mom being overprotective and not allowing me to talk to him. Everyone fearing me too much. 

"You okay?" Tyler nudged my arm, snapping me out. 

"This neurotic head makes me believe danger is omnipresent," I explained. He giggled. 

"C'mon lets go home before Carol freaks," He offered. I nodded. We paid and waved bye, beginning to walk home. 

"Do you think we'll die soon?" I asked randomly. 

"Maybe. I dont know. And all the crazies talk about the world and how its gonna end. But they cant be right. They're called crazies for a reason," He replied. 

"I sit worried sick because I'm starting to believe them. And I've got an ugly little feeling things are gonna change soon," I frowned looking at the road ahead. 

"The brain is a funny place,'" He recited leaning into me. I giggled. 

I said, "Between you and me. The psyche and the soma. Things probably will change. But things will get better eventually." 

"Thats the spirit!" He grinned, looking at me. 

"My mind is on the brink of going supernova," I repeated the line he had said earlier. 

-

"-and I asked her what she thought of person vs persona." Tyler ranted about this girl he'd met on vacation and their conversation. "She told me, 'Just shut up.' Who tells me 'just shut up.'???" 

We were eating pizza on my bed. "Your food is getting colder," I pointed out. 

"Your words are getting older," He playfully snapped. 

"Just drink your diet soda," I shoved him gently, laughing. 

-

so im not gonna include the chorus' in these more than once and i might have to alter some bc they say she/her/girl/etc and its a gay fanfic so we cant have that