15:Finn's Demise

Derek's POV

"Go on, guys, I got this." Derek said. He drew his knife as Zeus and Z rushed into the other room.

"Miss your arm?" Finn asked, smirking.

"Numbnuts, remember the promise that I made when I said, 'I'll kill you for this?' I meant it. Come on, and quit talking. Let's get this over with," Derek stated, super pissed that Finn teased him about taking his favorite arm off.

Finn charged at Derek and tackled him, pounding his helmet and breaking his visor, and then he spit in Derek's face. Derek gave him a hard right hook, and then rolled to his feet and threw off his helmet.

"You're a dirty fighter, numbnuts,"Derek said, and grinned.

"Stop calling me that!" Finn threw his knife at Derek's head, but he caught it in between his fingers.

"You earned that nickname for almost freezing your nuts off  in the tundra following Asher's stupid self. There's no way I'm letting that go, especially for all the crap you put me and Zeus through in training." Derek said with joy on his face.

Finn got impatient and angrier by the second, so he screamed a battle cry and charged Derek recklessly.

Derek moved out of the way and caught Finn by his long hair, and ripped it out. "That was for my arm," he said, "and this is for trying to kill that innocent child." Derek stabbed Finn in the back and threw him up against the wall, and then walked up to him.

"Derek, please...." Finn groaned.

"When you threatened the lives of Zeus and Erica and shot my arm off, you crossed the line. Where was the mercy you are begging for?"

Finn pushed himself off the wall and punched Derek in the face so hard he flew off of his feet. He took the knife out of his back and walked up to Derek. "You're such a moron," Finn said, with false bravado, "I knew I could get you in a position where I could deal some damage." He stabbed the knife into Derek's breastplate and then brushed his hands off, beginning to walk away.

Derek grinned. The knife didn't even penetrate his armor. He played dead.

"I always knew you were weak and clumsy, Derek," Finn continued with his snarky remarks. "Its amazing that you haven't actually died sooner. You were so clumsy and everyone loved laughing at you, but then you got paired up with Zeus. The guy who beat the odds because of his heart, the guy who got one of the hottest girls in our class, the guy who I hated so much because he was everything I was... I was scared to be. He was the leader and I was the follower, he was the brave one and I was the coward, but that ended today!" He laughed and kicked Derek in the ribs. Derek kept his composure and tried not to wince. "I just killed one of the best Spartans on the leaderboard!" 

As Finn turned his back to Derek, Derek arose and yanked the knife out of his breastplate. "Y'know, numbnuts, I thought you were a coward, but now I know you're a little rat. You go around begging for mercy and then show false pride whenever you take a cheap shot and actually kill somebody. But I'm not going to die today. In fact," Derek began walking up to Finn, who had just started shaking in terror, "I'll give you a little lex talonis- a good ole' eye for an eye kinda deal."

He knocked a scared Finn to the ground and hacked off his arm with a knife. Finn screamed in terror and Derek laughed.

"How's it feel to lose an arm? Now you know my pain, you runt." Derek said.

Finn grabbed the spot of where his arm used to be and screamed, as if he believed this didn't happen to him.

Derek rose up and stood over a horrified Finn, who had started crying like a little baby. "Oh, come on! I didn't handle it like this, mate." He kicked Finn in the ribs.

"I SWEAR I'LL KILL YOU, DEREK! JUST WAIT UNTIL I GET MY OTHER ARM ON YOU-"

"Oh, Shut Up!" Derek shouted, and drove the knife into Finn's heart. He stood and watched the ODST's come in.

"Everything okay here, sir?" The Medic asked, seeing the hole in his breastplate.

"Yeah, I just needed to school this fool in a little bit of justice." Derek said.