Babysitting

Ryan's POV
I came home from school and walked into my house. I threw my bag into the nearest corner and went to the kitchen. God I'm starving. I opened the fridge, took out a cola and drank it.

Wheres Ely at? Oh yeah right I'm supposed to babysit him and Cora. They're probably over at the Hosterman's.

I walked out the door and crossed the street. When I was ringing at the doorbell I heard the children yelling and screaming through the house. Wow, this is going to be so much fun. Note my sarcasm.

Ely opened the door. "Buddy go get Cora and come over." I said to my little brother.

"Chloe said she wants to be here, and turns out you have to babysit us together because Ms. Hosterman said we're hard to babysit. You have to stay here," Ely said already running upstairs.

"Argh can I please leave?" I exclaimed shutting the door.

Chloe walked towards me from the kitchen. "No," she said. "You have to help me, these kids are like cockroaches, once you got them they're running away to the next corner." She said handing me two sandwiches.

"What am I supposed to do with these?" I asked looking at the sandwiches in my hand.

"Give them to Cora and Ely, they're upstairs. I need to do the laundry before my mom gets back." She said.

"And why should I do that?" I asked trying to tease her a little.

"Because our parents told us to look after them together so we do so. You know you're not the only one who doesn't like this. I hate it at least as much as you do, so let's keep distance."

Wow, she really is a nerd, Colton was right. I bet she always does what her mommy wants her to do. I mean she's not so bad to look at, at least she has this cute face with extremely pretty eyes but I still don't like her. Right?

"yeah whatever," I replied walking upstairs.

I knocked at Cora's door and opened it.

"Hey kiddos, Chloe made you guys a sandwich. I'm just gonna put it on your desk," I said.

"Thank you," the two of them said.

Chloe's POV

I was watching the TV when Ryan came down stairs. I really couldn't handle the kids right now. The truth is, I have had a light depression ever since my dad passed away a couple years ago. Nobody knows, not even my best friend Veronica. I don't do self harm, I never would, although I have thought about it maybe once or twice, but I never actually did it. Everybody thinks I have a great life, I might not be the most popular girl at school but everybody thinks that I have everything I need. I'm good at school, I have an amazing friend, a super supportive mother. But what I don't have is one of the most valuable things. I don't have a dad anymore and it hits me so hard when I think about it. I was a total Daddy's girl. Cora has always been way more attached to my mom than to my dad, so it didn't effect her as much as it effects me.

I tried to distract myself from my thoughts through South Park but I just couldn't stop thinking about him. I had my face hidden in my knees and tears we're rolling sown my face. This has been happening a lot lately. I think my depression is getting worse.

I felt the couch sink a little next to me so I looked up to find Ryan sitting next to me.

"Are you okay?" he asked gentle.

"I'm fine," I said in a tone barely above a whisper.

"I know you're not fine Chloe," he said sounding a bit more serious this time.

Argh can't he just leave me alone?!

"I said I'm fine!" I yelled and got up. Tears were now streaming down my face.

"Geez I'm sorry, I just wanted to make sure you're okay," he said.

Great, now I feel guilty. I just yelled at him for no reason.

You people need to comment! Next update at 8 votes and 5 comments. Love and light, Lia Xoxoxo.