Chapter two

Gerald stood at the throne room of his castle. In his time in power of the once powerful vampire kingdom,he knew that peace wouldn't last especially with the numerous rebellions from the vampires. Vampires had become below the food chain in the town of Everwaters and werewolves were above them. The reason why the vampires were ruled by the werewolves was because of the disunity between the vampires. Werewolves had packs which had alphas to rule them and that's why vampires couldn't defeat the werewolves unless a powerful vampire rose to rule and lead them. He knew the power in their unity would be the downfall of his reign which he wanted to continue. In the past,he had sentenced lots of vampires who tried to unite them to death but he had a feeling that it won't be long for the vampires to unite against the werewolves.

His mind drifted to the large door of the throne room opening. He looked as the large door open to reveal his second in command. He seemed worried and his heart was beating fast which caught Gerald's attention. Gerald realised that his fear was coming true because Nicholas, his second in command was always smiling but instead,he was wearing a face full of worry. He shifted as he looked at the alpha since he could feel he was bringing him bad news and the news involved vampires. His deep blue eyes were still on Nicholas trying to imagine what was it Nicholas was about to say. His hand clasped the throne and had it not been made of stone that was hard,he could have broken it. He wondered what could have made him behave like that and he blamed it entirely on the feeling all over his body. The feeling was eating his entire body up,he could feel it in his veins and blood,the feeling that his reign was over. His mind was restless and he wanted to punch something,anything and he felt pity for the first person he would hold in his arms.

His mind returned to the reality facing him at the moment. He looked at Nicholas as he bowed at him,his head touching the floor. It made Gerald feel better knowing that powerful men like Nicholas respected and feared him. He signalled the second in command to rise up since he wanted to know what was happening,what made the feeling run all over his body. The tall,muscular twenty seven year old stood nervously before his king. He was shaking and it made Gerald feel worried and something he had never felt in his life."What is it Nicholas?"

The alpha seemed to be debating in his mind whether to speak or not. It made the feeling in Gerald much more powerful and curiosity seemed to be taking the better of him.

"I have...uh..some rather...uh...shocking news for you my highness." He paused and his head fell. He couldn't look at the king,how could he?This made Gerald more and more curious and not only him,but also everyone in the throne room.

"What is the news?" He asked hoping his voice was not betraying.

"Do you remember the last time a werewolf was killed by a vampire because a vampire killed a whole pack of werewolves alone?"

**********
Sorry guys the chapter is short.