chapter 2) Gray Winged Angel

Chapter 2

I GOT A LOT OF SLEEPLESS NIGHTS since the nightmares are always there getting scarier and scarier. Today's the burial of our so not beloved principal and we need to go to school. I wore a slinky red dress, black boots and a black hooded coat to cover my happiness. I was looking for my favorite necklace when an antique jewelry box that is covered with lots and lots of precious stones and the box looks like it's made from gold. I picked the box up and examined it; it was heavy and very beautiful. It had no key hole so I tried to open it but it was impossible to open like it was cemented or like there was no opening at all. I was trying to open it when my finger got pricked by a gem making it bleed, blood fell on the box and it felt like something magical just happened. I tried to open it again it was like opening a book it was so easy even an infant could have opened it. Inside was the most beautiful choker I had ever seen, it was a rose made of black diamonds with something like blood dropping from it made of rubies, its stem was so beautiful and lively made from the best emerald a little sapphire in the sides and most of the background was made of diamonds. It hung from a black lace and leather strap and when a light hits it, it becomes brighter than the sun. It was the thing from my dream. The air became colder and I had a sudden feeling of someone watching me. I wore it around my neck grabbing my bag faster than my heartbeat. I went down the stairs and saw my grandma drinking tea. I tiptoed towards the door hoping she won't notice me.

"Alexandra, do you know how important breakfast is?" She said before I even took a step. Grandma was always like that she can tell who did what or who was there before they even made a sound that's why she was kind of called a witch. "Why don't you sit here and eat some muffins Maria baked."

I sat on the table and grabbed a blueberry muffin licking the jam on top of it.

"Manners, act like a girl." She's also a very old fashioned grandmother. I rolled my eyes and nibbled my blueberry muffin. "Don't roll your eyes."

I saw some blonde bitch in my brother's shirt walking down form the stairs very quietly thinking she can escape the very sharp senses of my grandmother. She was about to leave the door when grandmother spoke. "Did you have a great evening with my grandson?"

"Katerine, are you there?" Brian called opening the rooms.

"Brian, Katerine is here and would you introduce us to little-miss-attitude here." Grandma said making Brian curse with every step he took. Brian is the school's quarterback making him popular and giving him the privilege to sleep with any bitch he wanted to.

"Uh...hi grandma, Katerine this is my...um...grandma...um...grandma this is...um...Katerine." He said running his fingers through his jet black hair that we both share.

"Brian does your mother know you had a slumber party yesterday?"

I laughed but made it a cough when grandma glared at me.

"Um...no, but she probably wouldn't care."

"Mom, what are you doing here?" Mother said when she saw grandma. She was wearing a silk robe over her red lingerie. She probably still has a hangover from her nightly late night partying with whomever.

"Have you been drinking?"

"Well I gotta have some fun, besides my teenagers are old enough to take care of themselves. They could even sneak girls in my house."

"Sarah, go get dressed you set a bad example for your children. You also need to hurry it's almost eight your kids need to go to school now."

"Mom, you're the one who's making them late. They have cars! Alex is sixteen Charles gave her a Mini Cooper for her birthday last week, and Brian is eighteen he gave him a Jeep for his sixteenth birthday and a Hummer for his eighteenth." Mother said raising her voice. "Kids go to school now."

I left and I could hear grandma arguing with my crazy mother. "Charles, Charles, Charles, your not yet over with your cheating ex-husband"-

I shut the door completely before I hear something I wouldn't like. I love my dad, he's cool and fun and RICH!!! And he also let's me eat oily greasy unhealthy food filled with fat and carbs, and he has this cool house that has a game room, a ginormous indoor swimming pool with a super tall slide and everything you would love in a house. He owns an electronic company called REBELectronics that sells the coolest gadgets with the coolest designs. We can ask him for whatever we want as long as we are good to her slutty mistresses.

I went in my car which still smells brand new started driving so I can pick up my best friend Mandy. It only took me a minute to reach her rainbow colored dollhouse. And there is Mandy looking so not like what she usually does with her smoky eye shadow, plain clear lip gloss, black lacy dress, white tights and black heels. Most people said we look like the reversed version of each other since she has blond hair and I have black hair, she has blue eyes and I have green ones, she has a healthy tan and I have this albino pale skin that makes me look like I haven't seen sunlight, and she wears all this bright stuff and all this make-up while I'm clad in black and the only make-up I wear is eyeliner. The car felt weird when she went inside and talked in her usual chirpy voice first talking about what I' m wearing. We have been best friends since kindergarten when I fought some smelly bully who was trying to steal her Barbie doll. We are completely different and nobody believes that we are best friends since we are the complete opposite of each other from our clothes to our personalities.

"Have you even tried wearing something without black? You always looked like someone died. Why don't you try wearing cheek tint some lip gloss and bronzer?" She said without stopping.

"No and I wouldn't."

"You are impossible. Anyway, do you want to go to Barney's later they have a sale?"

I would regret this. "Okay."

"I love you. You are the coolest bestie ever. I saw this super cute dress there and these super cute sandals." I just nod and nod as she went on I saw this super cute blah and blah and blah.

We reached cemetery and I removed my coat to show how happy I am. Spread the joy.

"Wow!" Was all Mandy could say. Everyone stared at me so I placed my best smile and skipped cheerfully. Jennifer looked at me her eyes like icy daggers. I sent her a look that says something like what's your problem bitch?

She whispered something to the old hag with too much Botox beside her, must be her mom. They both looked at me with disgust and went near a closed black coffin and let the fake tears flow.

The priest went near them and told them something so they wiped the fake tears away - careful not to ruin the makeup - and sat in the front row.

The priest started the mass so I started to notice tiny details in the place. I've been here before when grandpa died three years ago, I could remember almost everything in the place the trees the tombstones. Then I noticed something weird it was a red tombstone. It looked new and I haven't seen it before so I tried to read the small letters etched delicately in fancy black letters.

No, it can't be. My stomach twisted my head span. My whole body just couldn't take it. The name written on it it's impossible. I looked at it again hoping that it was just a flicker of my imagination, but it was there and next to it was a man in a black cape. With one bloody scream I fell into the darkness.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

How's my writing?

Please comment criticism is welcomed