Chapter 4) Gray Winged Angel

Chapter 4

I changed into my black and blue flannel pyjamas I think I'm going to die if I won't take my slinky dress off.

"Alexandra," Grandma called opening my door.

"Yes grandma?" I kept my eyes on Jack who was feeling all cozy on my lap.

"Your choker, where did you get it?" I didn't notice that I was still wearing the choker since it felt so light.

"I just saw it."

"How did you open it?"

"I don't know, I was bleeding and it just opened."

"Nobody has opened that thing for years. You have been gifted. You're the chosen"- Grandma stopped when mother showed up in the door wearing an expensive turquoise dress.

"Mom, your still here," She said surprised. "Anyways, I want you to meet someone I invited for dinner, so Alex, honey; I want you to change to something nice and formal." She closed the door the smell of her super strong perfume lingering in the air.

"I'll talk to you some other time I don't think I can handle some more of your mom." Grandma left slamming the door.

Mom got a chef just to cook dinner - since if she was the one who made it will probably be something green and would make you look green. A designer even fixed the dining room adding flowers and candelabra with scented candles on them.

"What are you wearing? You look like the corpse bride. Why don't you go to my room and find something nice like a simple lacy black dress even a corset, it's goth" Mom looked like she was about to hurl when she saw my ripped black dress that falls right above my knees.

"Mother, for the six hundred and sixty sixth time I'm not goth. God, you're worse than my classmates. Plus all of your lacy dresses looks like lingerie in fact they are. And I wouldn't want to wear something that Mr. Pink Underpants gave, touched and removed and thrown to the floor of his bedroom." I grimaced at the thought of my mom and our neighbour having late night whatever.

"Actually, I threw all the clothes Edgar has given when we broke it off last month."

"So this guy you're inviting tonight, you just met him?"

"Not really, we've known each other since high school and we've dated but he left, went to Europe and I lost contact with him. But we met again in an opening of a new art gallery and we've been dating again for a month and a half." She whispered the and a half part.

"You've been cheating on Mr. Pink Underpants?"

"Stop calling Edgar Mr Pink Underpants, he's a good guy but we are just not meant for each other. And he looks like"- She got cut off when the doorbell rang. "That must be Raphael and his son, heard he is your age and totally cute."

"Mother I have a boyfriend besides I don't want to be a cheating horse like you." I want to call her a whore but she'll probably kill me.

"Did you just call me an H-O-R-S-E?!" She was flaming mad her eyes popping just like the ginormous holes of her fake nose making her look more like a horse. "I do not look like a horse!" Her bony hand immediately went up ready to smack me.

"If you slap me Raphael would see how bad you are to your kids. He's looking at you right now with a not so good look at his face."

"Young lady, you are lucky today, but you will not get away with this." She dropped her hand and looked at the mirror -which you could find in almost every part of the house except for most of my room (my mother is just so vain she actually reminds me of the evil witch in Snow White) - checked her hair and makeup then walked to the door and opened it. Raphael is a good-looking forty something year old with a golden tan that looks like he bathed in liquid sunshine, golden blond hair and amber eyes they're almost golden. He was wearing a black and turquoise tux that made him and my mom look like they were going to prom. He gave my mom a bottle of Pinot Noir and kissed both of her cheeks. "Raphael, you look handsome as ever." I want to puke.