Chapter 5) Gray Winged Angel

Chapter 5

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" If I had enough energy I would have pushed him off my bed get the little switchblade I hide in my nightstand and cut his head off. How did he even get in my room it's as secured as a bank.

He stood up immediately. "I'm really sorry, Alex. You were just having a nightmare. But I'm not a hundred and seven year old vampire who sneaks in a sixteen year old girl's room to watch her sleep."

"Just get out of here. How did you even get in?" I looked at the door which was still locked with a billion chains hanging on it, digital word lock and it could only be opened using my fingerprint and some other chosen people's fingerprint and it has face recognition. My window was also locked with its blinds shut and the heavy dark curtains closed.

"I have my ways. Here wear this charm bracelet it works like a dreamcatcher, makes the nightmares go away." He strapped a gold charm bracelet woven with white leather that held charms like a harp and angel wings on my wrist. Something too angelic for me and something I'd probably throw later. "I'll leave when you sleep."

I wanted to protest but my voice failed me and having a nightmareless dream just sounded like Evanescence to my ears.

And just as he said the only thing I dreamt about was swimming in a pool of coke.

****************************************************

I woke up with my stomach grumbling from hunger. Fuck, what time is it? I pressed my talking alarm clock that blared one in the afternoon. Shit, I've been sleeping for about twelve hours. I unlocked my door which almost took forever and went down to the kitchen. I heard voices downstairs one of my mother's and the other one probably Raphael's. I continued heading down to the kitchen. Mother would probably say something about my hair that looks like a bird's nest and my fluffy black devil room slippers with red horns.

"Good afternoon, did you sleep well?" Michael greeted wearing a white and gold tuxedo. He gave me a blinding smile - hell, his teeth is like the ones in toothpaste commercials. His sparkling amber eyes glanced at my wrist and his smile grew wider the kind that hurts and if you do ling enough you won't feel your lips anymore. I peeked at my wrist holding my breath with my fingers crossed hoping there was no gold and leather bracelet that hung there. But there it was winking at me with its entire angelic shitty ness. I took it off and gave it back to him placing it down in the table with a loud clank as it hit the glass dining table. I thought he'll be stubborn and would force me to wear it but he just shook his head and took the bracelet. What is wrong with this person?

"Alexandra, honey, I have good news!" Mother was wearing a white dress with some gold details on it, something you could probably see in those shitty magazines filled with overpriced dresses. "I'm getting married later!"

Super bad news plus a hungry stomach equals an empty head. Hell, I'm still asleep right now just walking with my eyes open and blindly searching for something to fill my empty stomach. So it took me about thirty seconds to get the freaky news reach my head and completely understand its creepiness.

"Oh, honey, I didn't know you'll be so happy it'll make you speechless. I even got you this dress so it'll match the theme of our wedding. Isn't it nice?" She showed me a white dress embellished with gold. I'd rather die than wear that dress. Why does my mother hate me? White is my least favorite colour - it's so plain and blank and light, who cares if it's the real color of death.

"Good afternoon Alexandra, had a great sleep?" Raphael asked who looked just as happy as mother, wearing a white and gold tuxedo.

I didn't answer and just continued to the kitchen. There was a whole box of healthy granola bars and a few boxes of healthy cereals - that could make you thinner if you starve yourself only eating it for a week - in the pantry. Are there any sugary cereals in here? I opened the fridge glad to find some white bread, butter, cheese and some cold cuts. Think that's enough for some real food but I really miss food at dad's house like the waffles and pancakes that isn't sugar free with loads of syrup and butter, or the crispy bacons and sunny-side up. Maybe I could live with dad since mother is getting married to some dude with a son freakier than Edward Cullen. Why did I watch Twilight?