~Christmas Chapter~

A/N: Aw yeah, Christmas. Here's a special chapter for you guys. ✨ And thank you so much for 36,000+ reads on this fanfic! ^^

Additional Note: This is mostly a one shot but you can relate it to the previous chapters if you wish.

----

You were tired.

But of course you were; you hadn't went to sleep because you knew what the next day would bring. A stray ray of sunlight hit your face and a surge of excitement and cheer quickened your pace out the bed.

You raced into the living room giggling like a child but it seemed someone had the same idea as you. You crashed right into Papyrus and landed on your butt in front of the Christmas tree. While Papyrus was shrieking for Sans to hurry up and see what Santa left, you were mesmerized by the Christmas tree (and still rubbing your forehead because wow that really hurt). Sure you'd seen it the day it was put up, but it seemed.. different today. You were so captivated by the twinkling lights that you almost didn't hear Sans plop on the couch; bones popping and rattling as he stretched.

"ho boy it's early." He barely stifled a yawn and lazily looked over the presents. He nearly fell back asleep until Papyrus shrieked again, obviously ecstatic about his first Christmas.

"SANS LOOK! SANTA ATE THE COOKIES AND DRANK THE MILK!" He giggled looking at the plate he left out for Santa. You looked at the tall skeleton clad in a red onesie and Santa hat with mirth. He had double your Christmas excitement without a doubt.

"C'mon Papyrus! Let's open the presents! You too Sans!" You looked over at Sans and gestured him over as you scooted closer to the tree skirt. "Papyrus you pick first."

The skeleton clapped his hands with a wide grin and looked over the presents before snatching up one addressed to him. With a wave of his hand, he summoned bones to rip open the gift albeit with extreme caution. As the wrapping paper hit the floor, he squealed as he pulled out its contents. He held up the shirt that read 'Cool Skeleton' and put it on.

"Even Santa knows I'm cool! Nyeh heh heh!" He struck a heroic pose and his hat flowed in the wind. You had no idea where the breeze came from but this is Papyrus we're talking about.

"Aw man Papyrus, I'm so jealous! Alright, your turn Sans, let's see what Santa brought you!"

He examined the presents while thoughtfully stroking his mandible and eventually hovered one over to him with magic. You chuckled at his extreme lengths to be lazy and waited for him to open his gift, along with Papyrus. Surprisingly he used his hands to rip the wrapping paper and revealed a huge pun and joke book. His face lit up tremendously as he flipped through the pages while laughing.

"there's so many i haven't even dreamed of telling and they're so obvious. oh man, this is the best. now i've got puns for every occasion!"

"For the sake of Christmas and my sanity, do wait until tomorrow, Sans." Papyrus mumbled.

"fine. but only if i can go to sleep after we open presents." Papyrus rolled his eyes.

"Sure, deal. Anyways, ________! I believe it's your turn!" You nodded and selected a gift of your own.

The present was wrapped so carefully that you had no doubt it was from Papyrus. You unwrapped it and revealed a shirt very similar to Papyrus' except it read 'Cool Human'. Along with that was a Christmas sweater that said 'You SWEATER believe it!'

"Sans! Did you sneak that sweater in there? You're supposed to wrap a present on your own!"

"i don't have the gift." He retorted to the annoyance of the younger monster.

You laughed and admired both piece of clothing. "Thanks guys! I love them," You said to save the Christmas mood. "Alright now free for all!"

Sans hovered all his presents to him, laughing and wheezing at all of the pun based ones (which all of them were). Papyrus was slicing presents open left and right with magic, oo'ing and ah'ing since they were mainly targeted at his charismatic personality, along with a couple cookbooks. You on the other hand received thoughtful gifts from the skelebros.

You cracked up at a picture that was taken with you sleeping and the brothers making silly faces, their signatures at the bottom right corner.

After all of the presents had been open, paper littered the floor and soft snoring filled the room. Papyrus was in the kitchen whipping up Christmas breakfast and you were sipping coffee from the mug you'd gotten from Sans. There was of course a pun about lattes scrawled on the front.

You thought back to when you'd first met this skeletal duo and so many memories filled your head. If someone were to tell you this is where you'd end up, you wouldn't want it any other way.

And honestly, neither would they.

Merry Christmas