CHAPTER 17: THE WILLIAMS

KAYE’S POV

“Sige po, Tito. We have to go na. Baka hinahanap na rin po kami ehh.” – Nouelle smiled apologetically at Dad as he kissed him on the cheek. Saktong kararating lang kasi niya dito sa bahay nung pauwi na ‘tong mga friends namin.

“Oh, okay. Hindi na ba kayo magpapahatid? Gumagabi na rin ah?”—Tss. Napaka-pakitang tao naman nitong tatay ko.

“Aww. How thoughtful of you, Dad.” – I smiled sweetly at him. Sarcastically, I mean -.-

Medyo naging awkward nga dahil natahimik ang friends namin while he stared at me unbelievably. I also saw my sister na napayuko nalang.

“Uhh.. Hindi na po, Tito. We’re fine. Thanks po.” – Micah smiled shyly at him. Ang galing namang ice-breaker ni Micah!

“Sige po Tito, alis na po kami. Bye Kate and Kaye! Thanks!” – Our friends waved at us as they leave the house. We didn’t even bother na ihatid pa sila sa may gate. Tss. Nawalan ako ng gana.

“What was that, Kaye?” – My dad asked sternly as I was about to take the stairs to my bedroom.

“What?” – I turned and looked at him with boredom evident on my face.

“That remark earlier! What was that?! What in the hell is your problem, young lady?!” – He was fuming red. I can see panic in Kate’s face now.

“Seriously, you’re asking me that, huh? You wanna know what my freaking problem is?!” – I raised my brow at him.

“Dad, Ate, stop this now. Please.” – Kate looked pleadingly at us both as she moved between us. But I ignored her.

“You are my freaking problem, Dad! You’re such a dickhead, you know that?!” – There’s nothing stopping me from being angry right now! The hell with him!

“How dare you talk to me like that?! Wala kang modo—“

“Asshole! Pretending to be THOUGHTFUL and LOVING and SWEET in front of others samantalang kapag tayo nalang ni hindi mo kami kinakausap?!” – I stopped him from talking. He was flabbergasted. He opened his mouth to say something but he closed it again. I can see sadness, anger and regret in Kate’s eyes as she looked at me. Damn this stupid man! Kasalanan niya lahat ‘to eh!

“Oh, totoo di’ba?! You were drowning in your own grief that you forgot all about us, Dad! Napabayaan mo na kami! Akala mo ikaw lang ang nawalan?! Kami rin, Dad! We also lost her! We all lost Mom!” – I felt the hot liquid coming from my eyes. Napayuko nalang si Dad as Kate started sobbing.

“We needed you that time, Dad.” – Kate said after a few moments as she was crying. She looked at Dad and continued, “That time, when Mom died, we needed you. We needed the love and assurance. We needed you to tell us that it is all going to be okay. But you never did.” – This is the first time na nagsalita si Kate against him. Between us, she’s the daddy’s girl. But it’s just so sad na baka hindi na.