Chapter 1

"Its too hot to move today mum" I exclaim drying the sweat from my brow.

"Well isn't that to bad, brinley?" She pouts sarcasticly, mocking my complaints.

Sigh, I start pulling the loose strands of hair out of my face and pushing them back behind my ear before grabbing another box and starting up two steps and into the house.

Before I know it my clumsy self bumps into my soon-to-be stepdad and pumelling down to the ground in front of him.

"Be careful next time?" he chuckles softly, extending his hand for me to grab it but instead I scurry up to my feet and dust off my blue skinny jeans.

I scoff under my breath, and I grab my box and walk away and down stairs to where my bedroom is.

My bedroom is bare and plain. The blinds are a yellowish colour, quite gross actually. My room is a nice size and it needs a little bit of paint... or a lot.

I hop on the queen sized bed that sits in the corner of my room and look around. 'Wow' I whisper to myself "this needs some work" I say as I gaze around the room and focus my sight on the doorway of which I see a shadow pace back and forth.

I walk to the door and twist the knob opening it and coming face to face with a very tall boy around my age.

"Uh.. hi" he says as I examine his features; he's blond, has a lip ring, he's wearing black skinny jeans, a band t-shirt clings to his broad shoulders and he rubs the back of his neck with his palm. He looks down at me and my convieniently small starture and he cocks a brow up at me.

"Brinley?" The boy asks as he assess' me and my feautures as his eyes trail up and down my body like an elevator on the fritz.

"Uh yea?" I look up into his staggering blue eyes "and you are ?" I ask the boy and he looks dumbfounded.

He stands there looking at me with his hand in his pockets and then he rustles one of them out extending it toward me to shake it of which I do quite awkwardly.

"Luke" he grins down at me.

"Well luke, can you not pace in front of my door, I am trying to unpack and its annoying. Thanks. Bye" I stammer closing the door on the tall boy.

harsh I dont think so, he's quite strange and I dont like how he lurks.

---

I finish unpacking most of my belongings before I'm called up for dinner.

When I get to the dinner table I feel eyes focused on me and I follow the feeling up to a pair of familiar bright blue eyes. Along with my mothers green ones and my soon-to-be stepdads piercing blue ones.

"Brin, hunny?" My mother chimes in breaking the awkward silence.

"Yes mum?" I ask making eye contact with my mother though I still have the feeling of luke's blue eyes burning holes in my skin.

"So I see you've met lucas?" She smiles hand in hand with her fiancee andrew.

"Luke" he replys rolling his electric blue eyes "it's just luke" he says pulling his black lip ring between his teeth.

He's quite annoying, but quite hot.
'No. brinley no. You cannot think your stepbrother is hot!' I scream in my head.

I finish half of my plate and ask my mother if i can be excused.

I walk downstairs plopping myself on my bed and plugging my headphones into my iphone.

After a few minutes pass someone walks into my room. No suprise at all its luke.

"Can I help you lucas" I say sarcasticaly while removing one of my ear buds.

"Luke" he corrects me again taking his lip ring between his teeth while his blue eyes flash a dark band of blue.

He smiles a big cheeky grin showing off his teeth and boyish charm.

"Like I said, can I help you?" I say more frustrated than the last attempt.

"You think I'm annoying dont you" he chuckles.

"Where'd ya get that idea captain obvious?" I grunt back at him.

"Ditto" he flashes his teethy smile at me again and grabs my pillow off my chair throwing it at me.

"Get out luke!" I screech standing up and pushing him out of my door way and slamming the door behind him and going back to my music.

// hey guys its ari here with my first fanfic comment what you think and maybe vote on it thanks babes.