63~No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

((Thanks for 7k views and 400+ votes guys it means so much to me!))

((CW: mature themes))

    •'No good deed goes unpunished'•

(Two weeks later-Tuesday morning)
(Fubuki)
"Good morning, is Taiyou ready?" I asked politely as my neighbour ushered the young boy out of the door, saying thanks even though I do this every morning. I smiled down at the young boy and he gave me a shy smile back, sticking out his hand for me to hold.

"Okay, now we're all ready to go aren't we?" I said, the five kids at my side smiled "Alrighty then, let's all hold hands okay, and stay in the middle of the pavement okay Hina? No veering off towards the road." I warned and they all nodded their heads quickly before following my instructions. This is how my day always starts. Living on a street full of families with young children I thought it would just be nice to offer to take some of the kids to school, besides it's nice to see their happy, smiley faces in the morning-it always brightens my mood.

"Alright, bye Taiyou, I'll see you tomorrow okay?" I assured and he waved shyly at me before disappearing off into his classroom.
"-Yes! He so cute Afuyo, he really really is!" I turned around to see my blonde friend being practically dragged by Arata's daughter, with Anaise trailing behind him. I smiled, happy that he was settling in well, from what he's told me it's been going great.

"Uh morning Shirou." He said rather breathlessly when Joseline finally came to a stop. "Morning Fubuyi!" The two girls said in unison and I laughed, patting them both on the head, I must have just missed Nagumo. Joseline tugged at Afuro's jeans "His name is Tamal! He's so cute and Ana's baby brother, and he's from India!" She said before her friend shook her head "JoJo! Daddy and Papa sayed he is from Bangladesh, there is a difference!" She explained and Joseline clapped a hand over her mouth. "Sorry! I always forget!"
"It is okay JoJo I still love you." She said before hugging her friend tightly.

"Okay now that that's sorted let's get you two to class." Afuro stated, before giving me a quick wave and walking off with them. I smiled and began walking back home, humming to myself. "I'm definitely in the mood for some cake when I get back-ooh, blueberry sounds good..." I mumbled myself, almost tasting the delicious treat. 'Huh?'

I stopped, seeing someone sitting on one of the swings in the park. It was Handa. 'What's he doing around here?...Poor guy, I should really go and speak to him, I'll visit him later today, it is my day off after all...'

"Hey Handa, how are you feeling?" I asked. He had bags under his eyes and a tired expression on his face. "May I...may I come in?" He blinked a little before closing the door in my face. I could hear him rummaging around inside, a few moments later he invited me inside "Uh, sorry about the mess, I wasn't expecting anyone..."

I just smiled walking inside and showing myself into the living room, he hurried past me, gathering up the pillow and blanket that lay on the sofa 'He's been sleeping on the couch...'
"Uh, can I get you something to drink?" He asked somewhat hoarsely, sounding as though he'd only just got up. "Just a water." He scurried away. I took a little look around, the room looked so bare, there were no pictures anywhere. Then I noticed something; a crumpled beer can in the corner of the room, sticking out from underneath the sofa. Taking a closer look I noticed bottles, and more cans, looking as if they'd been kicked over there in an effort to hide them. My nose crinkled up to the faint aroma that seemed to be everywhere. Alcohol.

There was a glass on the coffee table, a half-empty bottle of wine sitting beside it.

Handa came back with my water, setting it down before quickly snatching up the glass and the bottle, laughing awkwardly.
"Uh...did you need something?" He asked, holding the bottle behind his back.
"Uh! Oh I just wanted to talk to you, see how you're doing, just help out. I bought some cake, it's really good I made it myself, you want some?" I replied, pushing the parcel towards him, he stared at it. "I'm not hungry...but thanks...I guess."