3~Party (part 2)

"What happened?" Nagumo asked, even though the answer was obvious. He pulled the other inside and shut the door.
"I had to t-take the bus. S-stupid no shelter bus stop! Had to wait a-ages because the first one just left without me." Midorikawa replied slipping off his shoes. Suzuno rushed over to them followed by a few others. "You okay? Let's get you into some warm clothes so you don't catch a cold or something." Suzuno said taking Midorikawa's hand and leading him upstairs.

He smiled a little upon hearing Afuro's voice loudly (yet pleasantly) singing along to Dancing Queen in the living room. If anything could save his night it would be karaoke, especially if Afuro was involved. The young man scanned the crowd and sighed happily not seeing Hiroto, 'maybe I did escape him today' he whispered to himself. But just before he turned the corner he heard a familiar voice say his name. "Ryuuji, you okay?" Hiroto asked from the bottom of the stairs. Midorikawa's eyes widened and his heart sank. "I'm fine." He replied, devoid of all emotion, not even able to look at the other man before carrying on upstairs.

(Our favourite green alien)
'Really?! I'm so stupid! Of course he was going to be here!' I shouted to myself watching Suzuno trying to find something for me to wear. Cookie nuzzled against my leg, which made me feel a little better but I still felt sick. My friend finally turned around handing me a blue hoodie and a pair of jeans.

I took them off him and excused myself to the bathroom to get changed; I didn't hear the bedroom door close which meant he was still in there, waiting for me. I really wanted him to leave, only because I wanted to be alone and stay upstairs for as long as possible so I wouldn't have to talk to Hiroto.

Apparently that wasn't going to be the case.

I finished changing and said thanks to Suzuno. Hesitantly I opened the door and started to walk downstairs, then Suzuno grabbed my hand again "What?" I said really hoping he wasn't about to interrogate me. "I know something's wrong Midorikawa and as a friend I want to help, but, if you don't want to tell me then I'll accept that okay." He said with a serious expression. I was completely speechless so didn't reply and he just walked off downstairs to the others as if nothing had happened. My chest tightened.

'Fuck, I feel so sick.'

I walked downstairs, skilfully avoiding Hiroto who was getting something out of the fridge and made it to the living room where the others were enjoying themselves: eating, drinking, talking, joking, and playing karaoke - Endou was trying to beg Kazemaru to sing with him, with everyone else egging him on to do it, it was quite funny and made me forget all about my current situation. Well almost.

"Hey Mido." My said situation said, placing his hands on my shoulders. I froze, but knew I couldn't just run away so I turned to face him. He had a kind smile on his face, the smile that I loved. I just smiled back in reply trying to hide my blush. "I got you some vodka and lemonade, you should also get something to eat, the food's great." He said handing me an ice-cold glass. "Um thanks...that's my fave." I said truthfully. He grinned at me and I couldn't help but feel a little happier-maybe this wouldn't be as bad as I thought. 

"Well it's my duty to know what my best friend likes and doesn't like isn't it." He replied still smiling. My heart sank, again. There it was. "Yeah" I replied quietly.
"Um, can I ask you something?" He said suddenly, looking around nervously, I was scared about what he was implying, but excited at the same time. My heart was beating incredibly fast. What was he saying, he couldn't possibly be...confessing?

There's no way he could like me... He leaned in close to me "Ah well...." He paused for a while and I figured he was probably nervous. This was the moment I'd been waiting for. "Y-yes?" I said trying to get him to spit it out-the tension was killing me.

His facial expression seemed to change. And finally he said...."Uh Afuro wanted to know if...you have any single friends you could uh hook him up with?"
"...Huh?" I stared at him in disbelief then looked down realising my stupid mistake. "Oh uh I...don't really know." I said quietly, just wishing the ground could swallow me up.
He rubbed the back of his neck a little awkwardly "Ah that's okay." He went back to smiling again "Hey, the karaoke machine's free, you wanna have a try?" He said walking over to it.
I couldn't do it.
"Actually... I'm alright really I'll just...be over here, you go do...that." I replied muddily, leaning on the doorframe for support. My legs felt like jelly and my heart was pounding, that sick feeling had come back too.

He shrugged his shoulders and walked over anyway. 'Did that seriously just happen!' I wanted to run, to hide away but I couldn't, I didn't know what to do. Then I remembered something.