prologue

sloane had an average life. her mother and father both had well paying jobs, her father the ceo of a greeting card buisness and her mother a primary school teacher.

she grew up in a quaint town on the countryside shielded from the lights and sounds of the big city. she was a happy child, she always had friends to see and meadows to explore. the usual life of a small town girl living in the country side.

but as she grew older, she found herself spiraling down and down until she was neck deep in an eating disorder.

by the time she was 15 she had stopped playing sports, riding horses, spending her free time drawing and she had even lost most of her friends.

it all started when she came across a "pro-ana" forum the summer of ninth grade, and that was all it took for her to get sucked in.

before she knew it she was counting calories, hiding food, lying to her loving parents and even occasionally sneaking out in the middle of the night so she could go to the local 24 hour gym and run track until the early morning hours, just to burn off calories.

now in her senior year she battles with her eating disorder while trying to focus on her studies and just trying to get out of high school alive; literally.

this is the story of how one boy gave her the motivation and determination to beat her disorder and live to tell the tale.