chapter 1

sloane stared at her collarbones in the mirror. they stuck out of her chest like a sore-thumb, but all she could see were rolls of fat covering her bones, almost like 

jellyrolls filled with her frail, frail bones.

she scanned her body in the mirror picking out the things that haunted her the most, her collarbones, her ribs, her hip 

bones and of course, her fat ole' thighs.

of course sloane didnt realize that her body was actually the size of a small malnourished child, as a few tears slipped from her eyes down her prominent cheek bones.

another day, another self evaluation that ended in tears.

this was her daily routine. get up, go shower, look in the mirror, remind herself how fat she was, get dressed, skip breakfast, go to her god awful school, skip lunch, come home and lie to her parents about eating a large lunch, skip dinner and then blog until the early hours of the morning. on occasion she would make time to excercise, but not often because she had little to no energy after school.

getting up and walking to school was even a struggle for her.

today was going to be like every other day, except she had a physics test 3rd period. she had sacrificed half of her usual night-blogging to study.

as she found clothing to wear, her usual large band shirt and skinny jeans, she did something she usually didnt do. she contemplated even showing up to school today.

she had only skipped a few times in the past, but never on the day of a major test. 'whatever' she thought as she got dressed, 'i can write it another time.'

her parents always worked early mornings so they were never there to see her off, it usually bugged her, but not today. today she wasnt going to the prestigous school that her family had insisted she attend.

as she put on her combats and grabbed her jacket and keys off the hook next to the front door, she thought of where she was going. she honestly had no clue where to go.

she decided to just let fate take her where it wanted her to go.

    ~

sloane was driving down the highway when she got the impulse to turn onto the exit that lead her to her favourite town. the name of the town was liverport and had the greatest beaches on the side of the planet, in her opinion. as a child her mother used to take her on day trips to crown's beach for ice creams and board walks, but that was before sloane started to shut down and become distant.

her favourite place to eat was definetly a little diner called little c's. she has fond memories of milkshakes and fries with her mother. before eating had become her worst fear of course.

on impulse sloane decided to visit little c's, but she didnt plan on eating. she never did. 

as she entered the quaint diner, she was hit with a wall of aroma. fish, chips, pie, home-made peanut butter cookies, chicken wings and milkshakes. bad idea, it was a 

terrible idea to come here. just as she was turning to leave she heard a voice call out, 

"miss?" the voice had a striking austrailian accent. "oh please dont say you're leaving"

she turned to see a teenaged boy standing behind the counter with a shock of messy blue hair on the top of his head.

"we havent had any interesting customers in days," sloane was shocked by his confession as she came up with a retort 

"what do you mean by interesting?" she asked with annoyance.

the boy looked uncomfortable as he stutterd to change the subject "just have a seat," he eagerly insisted, "i'll get you a drink; tea, coffee, water..?"