Seven

Steph's Point of View

"Oh dear! You will like the other news!" My mom said over the microphone. I wonder what will it be? "We're going to have you... A fixed marriage!" Everyone then again applauded. While I was shocked with the announcement, even Josh was too. My dad, my uncle and my aunt basically cheered for us.

"Congrats guys!!!" I heard a very familiar voice from behind.

"N-Nadine!" Me and Josh synchronized together.

"Nice move you got there, bud." Rachel smirked.

"Alright, we'll talk later. Toodles!" Then they left. My mom went back to her seat to make an announcement to us. "When you turned eighteen, and he turned nineteen, you both shall live in one roof." My mom said seriously. I couldn't even processed what she was saying!

~TIME SKIP~

Finally, the party ended. It ended 2 AM. Of course we were all tired, and I was mentally drained.

"I had a great time, despite that this is only our first meeting after three years." Nadine smiled while she was holding her phone and her wallet. "Me too. Especially on the part where your mom announced the huge announcement she had made." Rachel laughed while holding her tummy. That, made me blush. So I stared at Josh, who was thanking the guests for coming.

"Well, see you again sometime." Nadine waves at me and went to her friends. Same as Rachel. "We'll definitely see each other." I heard a very familiar voice on my left. "Yeah, we'll do. After all, we... We're..."

"Officially together."

Yeah that's right, we're together after three full years. Things happened so fast, maybe more like things escalated quickly. Our parents may have a plan on what to do next after this.

"I haven't given you yet my number have I?" I looked at him. He shake his head in response then gave me his cellphone. "There, I saved it."

"Why is it named so casually?"

"What?"

"You should've put your name like 'Steph ❤️'."

I never knew he was so demanding. "There I changed it. Give me your phone." I gave him my phone. "There, I saved it." I looked at the name and it says 'Josh ❤️'. That act made me smile like an idiot.

"Its time to go guys!" I heard my dad yell.

"We'll see each other soon right? Promise me." Josh looked at me in the eyes.

"Yes. I promise."

"I love you."

Those words, its so powerful. From his statement, the way he said it was sweet and sincere.

"I.. I love you too."