chapter three: California west star highschool

This is the part where I'm suppose to be freaking out about my first day at a new highschool, in a totally different country.

Surprisingly I'm taking this well and all but the question that remains inside my head and is ‘what will my first day be like?' This question really is begging to bug me, it's as if there's nothing else to think about other than reading this line over and over again in my head.

Take deep breaths Lianna, in through the nose, out through the mouth.

People must think its stupid about how a girl possibly like me could have a phobia of ‘growing up'. I too think its ridiculous but you know, I can't help that I don't like the thought of dying, it creeps me out.

I'm just in the dinning room at the table right now, thinking inutility about my new highschool.

I should be happy right now enjoying the life changing deal I made with my mother a week ago. I mean I'm in California for gods sake!! I should be jumping for joy after dreaming of coming here since I was 14 years old.

Instead I remain seated at the dinning table listening to my Aunt Trish blabbering about..... highschool.

“So Anna are you excited?" I hear my aunt say meaningfully. I wrinkle my nose then bite my lip impolitely. She stood there in the kitchen so reluctantly as if she expected me to actually say something, which I was.

“I guess I am though in a way I kinda feel nervous about the whole idea."

She gave me a look like she felt a bit sorry for me, then she opened her mouth to speak. “What do you expect kiddo? Everyone probably feels as nervous as you are on there first day as a Senior, you'll get through this," She said supportively. I gave her a faint smile.

“Surely that's what every parental guidance say to teenagers," I say unwillingly.

“So your saying you can't call me Aunt Trish anymore," She laughed like she could relate to my humour. I start to stutter trying to tell her what I actually meant.

“I...I didn't mean it like that, that's not what I actually said." I say starting to feel useless. She stopped laughing like a mad cow then stepped out of the kitchen.

“I know Anna, I was just messing with ya," She said smartly. I pretend to laugh as if the joke was actually funny. “You can be sarcastic when you want to be can't you Anna," Trish said as she was laughing stupidly.

I frown then roll my eyes impolitely. “I'm going to get ready for school now," I say as I rush off upstairs. By the time I'm upstairs I'm in my room I can still hear Trish laughing like some formidable cackling witch.

I'm not saying she is a witch I'm just saying she's...... Argh! it doesn't matter anyway.

I lye down on my bed hopelessly. The thought of highschool quickly flashes back into my head.

“Oh crap!"

I hear myself mutter. Why in the world am I so worried about ‘My first day' at a new highschool? I snuggle my head in to my pillow as I try thinking of different subjects other than highschool.

I soon feel myself starting to fall asleep.

“Anna," I awake to my aunt Trish gently shrugging my shoulder.

“Mmmm" I mumble but still lye lazily in bed.

She shrugs me the second time telling me to get up.“Anna it's your first day at at highschool!" Trish whispers in my ear.

I pause for a brief second then throw the blankets off my body. As soon as I open my eyes I the first thing I see is my Aunt looking at me with an innocent look on her face.