New Friends

-your POV-

I sighed as I put down the picture frame I was holding. Too much unpacking. I never asked to move out. I was quite happy with the lazy life I was living. But of course, my parents thought otherwise. So here I am now, about to start a new life in a new town.

I lazily decided it would be best to unpack later. Maybe I could go out and meet a new friend. That way, I could have someone to help me with all these boxes. Slipping on my (f/c) converse sneakers, I ran out the door, forcing my lips into a smile as I left my peaceful dark home and waltzed into a town of overly-colourful streets and (hopefully) friendly people.

Saying that I was lost was a total understatement. As an introvert, I didn't think I'd ever want to go out to intentionally make friends. But I guess all friendships start somewhere, no matter how awkward it is in the beginning.

I decided to just let my feet wander, I didn't have a specific place I wanted to travel to. I pulled out my iPod and my earbuds and plugged them in, deciding to tune out until I saw someone who I could talk to. My favourite song, (f/s) started playing, and I instantly started singing along to it. I timed my steps to the beat of the music as I kinda just left reality and zoned out. It wasn't until I saw something (or someone) so odd that I completely disregarded the song I was singing and just sorta stared at them.

There, playing hopscotch with a few pals, was the pinkest girl I had ever seen in my entire life. From head to toe, she was such a shade of bubblegum pink, she put Pinkie Pie pony to shame.
She noticed me and immediately ran over and started up a conversation. Wow, talk about social skills.

"Hi there! I've never seen you around before! My name is Stephanie, what's yours??" She asked. By this time, I had noticed the four other people she was playing hopscotch with.

They look so strange, I thought, almost as if their outfits were picked by a three year old-

"Hey, did you hear me, silly? What's your name!" She asked again. I snapped up and looked at her, I was completely shook from the oddness of this town.

"I-I'm (Y/n), (Y/n) (L/n)!" I stuttered out. She laughed a bit, and spoke again,

"So, (Y/n), do you like hopscotch?"

-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-

I ended up becoming great friends with all the other pals. I kinda compared them to like, fictional characters in a story because their personalities were so... cliché, you know?
Stephanie was sort of their leader, like a smart, mother duck. She looked out for her friends a lot.
There was Pixel, he was a computer whiz. He was super smart, presumably the brains of the group.
Trixie was a girl with sporty skills, she could perform tricks on her scooter like she was born to do it. She was most likely the competitive, sporty girl.
There was Ziggy, too, and he was probably the lovable, innocent cinnamon roll character, what with his childish nature and his love for sweets.

And then there was Stingy. He was the only one I couldn't quite understand. He sort of stood out to me as a misunderstood little kid. But he was such a different character, he didn't seem like he belonged in the group. It almost seemed like he felt left out at times, but he'd cover it up by stating to the whole group that something, whether it be a piece of chalk or a whole entire tree, belonged to him.
Almost as if he were afraid of being forgotten.

I empathized with him as I remembered when I actually felt forgotten. I went through a lot of stuff in the past, especially with kids at school, and me being alone. It was really hard, being that one kid who didn't have a passion, or a way to fit in.

He needs a friend.
I'm going to be his friend.