PROLOGUE

----------------> Picture of Rielle at the side =)

PROLOGUE

I squeezed my eyes as the spotlight hit me head on. My cheeks burn as I feel all eyes inside the stadium is on me. After scoring a touchdown, the star quarterback of our schools opponent run in front of me put his helmet off and kissed me. Did he just really kissed me in front of the whole town and stole my first kiss? To say that I was surprised was an understatement. Fuming with anger was more likely. Did I really loss my first kiss to this ass of a quarterback? All my dreams of fireworks worthy kind of first kiss have come crashing in my face. I frown and was almost brought to tears. I immediately closed my eyes to keep the tears from falling, I was flushed from embarrassment and all the attention I was having right now. I was used to being the center of attention since I was the only daughter of one of this town's richest family and not only that, I also have three very protective big brothers, but this beats all the attention I get from my doting family. I wonder how this guy would be able to live to see the sun shine tomorrow. When I open my eyes, I saw hi1wam grinning at me. Who the hell does he think he is, ugh wait a minute, I looked at him closely and the full realization of who he is hit me, Chase freaking Atherton, right, the only heir to the Atherton Empire, our family's rival to boot. I closed my eyes again and wished that this was just a dream, if this is real, I might as well prepare myself to visit my brothers in prison as early as tomorrow morning. They will definitely make Chase pay for this, especially with how our family has been feuding with each other since the beginning of time. Our families have been rivals in all business endeavours, from company acquisitions, to hotels and food chains. Come to think of it, it's been a while since I last heard of any commotion between our families. Hmmmmm.  I was secretly happy for that because personally, I think our feud were pointless and immature. Why keep on competing if both families can be successful having their own share of fortune. One can never tell the boundaries of wanting more.  Anyway, ceasefire or no ceasefire does not matter anymore, with what happened right now war is definitely brewing in the horizon.  Honestly,  I was secretly saddened by this realization.  I was enjoying how relaxed and happy my dad have been this past few months because of this cut shortimaginary truce. I slowly open my eyes again with a frown showing my anger. I looked at Chase and saw him pleading me with his puppy dog eyes. Wow, he looks really hot, too hot in fact for my liking, with his short black hair all messed up and sweaty, and his ocean blue eyes looking through me while biting his lower lip. He's tall, around 6'4'' with a body that puts the Calvin Klein models to shame, definitely eye candy for my taste. I was awaken from my inner thoughts when I caught him licking the lip he was biting a while ago, I guess my dreamy mood showed because I caught him smirked at me. Did he really just do that? After kissing me in front of the whole town he smirked? What a douche, no wonder my family were always at war with them. I looked around looking for the three guys that I guess were definitely fuming at this moment. I caught sight of Jay, my eldest brother, and boy oh boy, I almost fainted.  He is almost ready to jump over the railing and cross the ground just to kill this smirking ass in front of me. Trevor and Ashton on the other hand was a different story. Trevor was holding something inside his varsity jacket, and I bet my life on it that he is holding his gun preparing to shoot Chase; his image precedes him because he was known as our town's bad boy. Guys fear him in general while women worships the ground he walks on how weird is that huh. Ashton my youngest brother was smirking and looking steadily at Chase while shaking his head left and right. I knew right then that he is definitely planning on how to get him alone and then torture him till he prays that he never lives again. I shook my head praying to God that Jay would understand what I meant. I know that both Trevor and Ashton will listen to Jay if he said that they stay put. Surprisingly, Jay stood his ground and smiled at me. He knew what I was thinking. He knew among the four of us I have the least temper and being under a spotlight like this would bring out the inner monster in me. I again looked back at Chase and he is watching me curiously now. I close my fist and pull it backwards preparing to punch this asshole in the face. "You shouldn't have stole my first kiss you ass!" I said fuming with anger and then I punch him hard. Good thing I have boxing as my workout. He was caught off guard and fell flat on the field. "Suits you right! Next time don't go kissing me and assume that you won't pay the price!" I said while smirking at him. Yes its my turn to smirk! Yey! He stood up shook his head and adjusted his jaw. He looks dumbfounded with what happened but he easily regained his ego. I am so done with this, I know I can jilt this game even if I was the head cheerleader; I trained my team well so they can perform even if I am not here. I looked at where my brothers were and nod my head, signalling them to meet me at the lockers because I wanted to go home. This incident is so taking its toll on me. I turn my back from Chase and just before I took a step he spoke up. "You are worth it princess, and me being your first kiss definitely makes me the happiest man right now and I am glad I got the nerve to do what I just did! I call dibs on you babe! No one gets to have you now. You are my girl! Mine! Now everybody knows it. And just so you know you can punch me anytime if I get to taste those sweet lips of yours." He said with the brightest smile. He was actually happy with what happened. How weird this guy is beyond me, seriously, he was genuinely happy even though a girl just punches him in the face with the whole town bearing witness, also, who has the guts to own a girl, let alone the only daughter of his family's rival. It was my turn to look dumbfounded. This guy is something else I thought while shaking my head and hiding my disbelief. "Just so you know" he spoke again while pointing his finger to himself "this man is all yours babe, and you can do whatever you want with me." He finished and then winks at me. I blushed and caught myself smile a little, ugh, this guy is weird and my reaction to him is weirder. I moved faster away from him that I actually ever thought I could. I'm so getting far away from this guy. He brings out unwanted reaction from me and I so don't like it.