Chapter Ten - Josh's POV

I was woke up by a loud ping off of my phone which was right next to me ear. I jumped up and my messy pink hair was covering my face slightly. As I wiped my hair off my face, I picked up my phone which was blinding me, soon enough I was able to read the notification. It was a text from Andy. I checked the time, 4:25am, what the, what does he want to talk about at this time?

A: Josh, are you awake?
J: Well I am now. Why are you texting me at 4:24am?
A: Erin & I have broken up.

He better be joking me.

J: Dude, are you being serious?
A: Joshua, why would I lie about this type of stuff?
J: Okay but why did you break up with her? Don't you love her?
A: I really do but I feel like she secretly hates me but won't tell me. Face it josh, no one likes me, no one would care if I just went missing or got murdered.

Please not this situation again, I though they was gone.

J: Don't let the voices in the back of your head control you again. You can't let them return, you fought through them before and won so you can't allow them to return and win.
A: Josh, I can't fight against them, I've already started to let them control me and there is no turning back. Just leave me with my thoughts and I'll be gone soon, maybe it's better for the world, and even more important, better for Erin.
J: Andrew, why do you think it will be better for the world? Also, Erin would miss you more than anything in this world. Don't say this to yourself man. I can't lose my best friend.

I got not reply from Andy. There were voices in his head that always told him to do negative stuff saying it would be better for everyone else, he was and still is my best friend so he told me about them once. I tried to comfort him at the time but couldn't think about losing my best friend that made me feel good and helped me. The last time he got them was 4 years ago and I can just remember walking into his house because he text me saying "josh help me please! They have returned!" which meant the voices were back. When I got to his house I seen him sitting on the bathroom floor crying and screaming things like "shut up!" and "you can't take over me, I can't allow you to!" so I remember just grabbing him into a tight hug and quietly crying while trying to tell him everything will be fine and he can get through it and he did. Now they have returned.
I got interrupted by my phone pinging again. I wiped my eyes to see a text from Andy. By this time it was 6am, I had been thinking and texting Andy for so long.

A: Can you come over tomorrow? I need you to comfort me as soon as possible, they are getting to me more than ever.
J: Don't worry buddy, I'm on my way just now, just hang in there.

——
Once again, another really bad chapter but it's late at night so I think I'll make it my last chapter for today! Yes, Caitlin didn't get mentioned but I wanted to focus on mainly Josh & Andy but Caitlin & Erin will return within the next two chapters!