Mrs. Tomson

RONNIE POV

Ronnie takes orders, fills them, and takes her break. At 3:00, she gets a text from Josh. 

"Hey. It's Joshua. What's up?" it says.

"Hey. It's Veronica. Working." she replies. 

"Am I bothering you?" the next message says. 

"Not at all. I'm on my break," she responds. 

"Oh okay. How's your day going?"

"Fairly well. What about yours?" she asks. 

"Pretty good," Josh responds. 

Ronnie hears her timer go off, letting her know her break is over. 

"I have to go," She texts. 

She walks out into the diner and checks on the customers that just came in. She takes three orders and heads to the table in the corner. 

"Good afternoon. How can I help y'all today?" she asks the couple sitting at the table.

"Hey, Ronnie." The man says. 

She looks at him and remembers his face. He was with Josh that night. 

"Hey! Welcome back," She says. 

"How've you been?" The man asks.

"I've been here, so as good as that can be," Ronnie laughs. "What can I get for y'all today?" 

The man that was friends with Josh looked at the lady that was with him.

"I'll have an iced tea and a slice of cake." The lady said. 

"Alrighty, and for you?" Ronnie asked.

"I'll have house blend, two cream, two sugar, and a heated cinnamon roll," The man smiles.

Ronnie smiles. "Alrighty. I've got an iced tea, one slice of cake, house blend with double cream and sugar, and a cinnamon roll heated in our deluxe microwave," She chuckles. 

"Sounds good." The beautiful blonde girl says. 

"I'll be back in just a few minutes," Ronnie says, walking away. She starts to fill the order. 

The set of bells that hung on the door clanged. She looked up to greet the customer. She recognized the sweet face. She waves to the little old lady that walked in the door. She takes the order over to Josh's friend and the beautiful blonde girl. She smiles. "If you need anything else, let me know." She says.

"Thank you." The beautiful blonde girl says.  

Ronnie walks back over to the counter in front of the little old lady. "Hi, Mrs. Tomson. How can I help you today?" She signs

"Hi little miss. Can I have a tea please?" The little lady signs slowly. 

Ronnie nods. "The usual?" She signs.

"Yes dear. I love coming here. The tea is good, and the server is better." The old lady smiles as she signs. 

"Thank you, Mrs. Tomson. I appreciate that."