Chapter Twenty Eight - Scarlett

Trailer made by @Dredge116 !

Romeo, save me, they're trying to tell me how to feel; this love is difficult, but it's real.

Taylor Swift

Scarlett's POV 

- PART ONE -

I gasped, as realization hit Mason that I saw him literally throwing rocks at my window. Quietly, I opened my window and poked my head out. I braced my hands on the windowpane.

"Mason, what are you doing here?" I half whispered, half yelled. He had no idea what would happen to the both of us if someone saw him, but he grinned anyways and showed me the flowers and the teddy bear. I gave him a faint smile, still a little shook up from the previous event that happened in my bedroom. 

"Come down, and I'll take you on a date," he replied, that grin never leaving his face.

A date? I thought. This boy gives me such mixed signals.

"Is this how you ask a girl out? It's nearly midnight!" I smiled but I didn't wait for him to answer. "Let me see what I can do."

I closed my window and headed towards my closet, throwing on some ripped skinny jeans, a different white tank top, and a hoodie. I didn't want Mason to think I was a slut too. One person was enough.

I walked over to my bathroom, where I quickly brushed my hair and applied some mascara. Then I cautiously made my way to my bedroom door and slowly turned the doorknob. I listened for any sounds of movement as my door creaked open.  I winced when I heard the sound my door made. It echoed through the hallway. I bit my lip and stepped out, shutting the door behind me as quietly as I dared. I could hear John snoring in his bedroom and I knew my mom usually passed out around nine after her soap operas finished.

I tiptoed down the stairs towards the front door, careful not to make any sudden movements that could cause my parents to wake up.

Turning the knob, I grabbed my shoes and locked the door behind me. I hoped that none of the neighbors would call the cops on a girl sneaking out of her own house.

I turned around and looked for Mason.

He was standing in front of his car, his back against the hood with the bear and flowers still in his hand. I held back a sigh and approached him.

He smiled, and walked towards me, almost giving me a kiss on the cheek. Almost. Because at the last second, I stepped away. I still wasn't over what John had done to me moments before. But Mason didn't ask why I pulled away from him. Instead, he just handed me the flowers with an even bigger smile. 

"You're going to have to wear this," Mason said as he pulled out a blindfold from his pocket. I looked at him incredulously. He just shrugged. I didn't know if I was comfortable enough to be alone with a boy after John. 

"It's a surprise," he told me, his eyes mischievous. I rolled my eyes and turned around, giving him permission to put the blindfold on me. He most likely didn't know how much trust I was giving him through this. I felt his cold hands brush against my temple, making me shiver. 

Mason led me towards his truck and helped me in, making sure I didn't bump my head on the top of the door frame. I put the flowers and the bear down next to my seat and blindly - awkwardly - reached for the seat belt as I heard my door close. Moments later, I heard Mason start the truck and drive off.

The ride itself was silent, but the comfortable kind. I kept hearing Mason's steady breathing and I couldn't help but bite my lip at the anticipation. And I could feel Mason's eyes looking at me from time to time. 

After a few more turns, we arrived. Mason turned off the truck and opened his door. I heard him jog around the front of the truck to open my door. I unclipped my seat belt and prepared myself to step down. 

Instead, I felt Mason's large hands on my waist. He lifted me out of the truck - seemingly with ease - making me shriek. He chuckled and put me down on the ground. I tried to swat his arm, only to be met with air. 

With that, Mason full out laughed. I blushed fiercely. He stopped laughing and put his hands gently on my shoulders. I winced at the contact, but if Mason felt it, he didn't show it.

He turned me around so I could face the surprise, his body behind me. 

"You can take off your blindfold now," he whispered and took his hands off my shoulders. 

I loosened the knot he made, and immediately gasped at the sight in front of me. 

---

A/N: AHAHAHAHAHAH I ENDED THERE!!!! ...Hehe sorryyyyy but I had to lol I felt like the actual date needed its own chapter...

Don't forget to Vote, comment, and share!

-Gigi