Chapter 5

Finally decided to update!

Chapter 5

"Did we really just buy three pairs of black skinny jeans? Who are we, teenagers?"

I laughed at Calum who was holding a large sturdy paper bag from the store we'd just been in, as well as another one containing a pair of new Vans that he used to wear back in the day. Going shopping with him was just an immense throwback to when we used to go hunt for deals and trendy clothes despite being broke as fuck. At least now I had a decent amount of cash to blow on clothes.

"Okay so I usually get my underwear here, but we can go somewhere else," I said, pointing at the entrance to a massive shopping mall.

"It's fine let's just go here." He checked his phone which I noticed was all cracked, and proclaimed, "I wanna see what kind of underwear you buy these days."

...He wasn't impressed.

"Luke, these are all so plain. What happened to your fetish for wacky underwear?" he said loudly, making me blush as several members of the public had clearly overheard.

Gulping, I replied, "Jesus fucking Christ, I did not have a fetish for that. Listen, I did say we could go somewhere else..."

He smirked, sending a wink my way. "Nah I'm good. Go on, pick something out for me."

This made me blush even harder, because it was as if he was implying that I choose something I like because I'd be seeing him a lot in it. I cleared my throat and grabbed a pair of plain black boxer briefs. "H-here."

"Way too boring. Just be true to your fetish, Luke."

"I'm telling you, I don't have a-"

"Yeah, yeah," he laughed, swatting his hand in my face. "C'mon then."

I groaned and randomly grabbed a few pairs off the rack and headed over to the cashier myself, quickly paying for them before he could object. By the time I got back, he was almost in tears from laughing at how red I was.

It was nice though; the atmosphere was jovial and friendly, and there was no tension which made it even better. I hated feeling weird around people because it was generally just mood-dampening and never left a positive impact on either person.

We shopped for a few more clothes before deciding to call it a day. A phone call came just as we left the shopping centre from an unknown number, but we were pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be Ashton.

"Hey, Ash! What's with your number?" I asked into the phone, pointing at it and smiling to Calum.

"Oh, I got a new phone for home use, sorry about not telling you beforehand – hey listen, I managed to book one of those last minute flights to New York."

I gasped. "Really?! That's awesome! When are you arriving?"

"At around seven pm, you guys can eat first if you want... otherwise it'll be pretty late."

"Honestly, don't worry. I'll cook, or we can just go somewhere that serves food till late. Oh whilst you're on the line, d'you wanna talk to Cal?"

I passed the phone over to Calum and watched his eyes soften up and the sound of his former bandmate's voice. They'd shared a lot of good memories too, the two of them – of course, not intimate ones, but they were close friends as we all were.

They exchanged a few more words before Ashton had to go pack, and we continued heading for the restaurant we'd be having lunch at.

~