Chapter 4

My eyes peeled opened, revealing the blinking numbers on my alarm clock. I rolled over and moaned, slamming the snooze button. Only then could I hear that my phone was vibrating. I picked it up off of the bedside table and looked to see my messages. My phone read,

'Alarm: Missed at 9:00 AM

Text from Adrien Agreste at 9:47 am: Marinette, are you coming?

Text from Adrien Agreste at 9:48 am: I'm at the rink, where are you?'

It was 10:30! I was supposed to be at the rink at 9:30! God, how could I have set my clock wrong?!

I jumped out of bed and got changed as fast as I could, then ran out of the house without having any breakfast.

-----

I ran through the double doors, "ADRIEN I'M SO SORRY I SET MY CLOCK WRONG AND OVERSLEPT I-"

Adrien held out a hand for me to stop. He laughed slightly as he said, "Marinette, it's fine, really! Just get your skates on!"

I held my tounge and nodded, then sat down on a bench and started tying my skates.

Once I was ready we started skating, but I was distracted by my thoughts.

Adrien Agreste, my life long idol, was now staying here, at my home, and was my personal coach. Why did he choose me? I could have lost the chanve to be with him at the competition with Chloé, so I had to make my time while he was here count.

"Marinette... Marinette? Marinette!" I heard Adrien shout.

I turned my head, getting awakened from my daydream, but the next thing I knew I had skated into the edge of the rink, knocking the breath out of me.

"You seem... distracted..." Adrien said, "Maybe we should take a break and talk about your free skate music.

"I- yes. Sorry." Was all I could reply.

We took off our skates and walked to the green room, where skaters relaxed and watched on the TV as others used the rink. As we walked down the hallway, Adrien talked casually, "I think we should take some of the quads out of your short program."

I looked at him in shock, "I-I don't mean to... To deny your advice... But I need those quads to earn technical points."

"That is true, but, if you get all the performance points you'll be fine. And I know from watching you that you can put on quite a performance." He said, flashing a smirk my way.

I blushed, "I-I... Um... Thank you?"

"Anyway, what music were you thinking of using for your free program?" Adrien asked as he grabbed his water bottle out of his bag.

"Y-you want me to choose my music?"

"Of course, don't you usually do that? It's easier to choreograph too when you pick the music yourself."

"No... I usually have my coach pick for me. He usually choreographs as well...."

"Who was your previous coach?"

"His name is Master Fu."

"Can we talk to him?"

"He's in China visiting family I believe...."

"Do you have his number?"

"Of course."

"Call him then." He said. He stepped over the bench I was sitting on and sat down next to me, watching as I put in the number.

The phone rang a few times, then my old coach picked up. I pressed the speaker button so we could both hear it.

"Marinette! How are you?"