Dumb Cops

I go down stairs to get some paper. I walk down the hall and hear a faint squeak. I see moms Redrum cellar open and go in. I see nothing on the shelves. I look around more. There was a smashed jar on the floor. It had a piece of paper on it. It read, "Lana Quinn, 1856" "Who is Lana?" I thought hard and remembered that mom said the Redrum recipe goes back centuries, so Lana must be a relitive.
  Then I thought, why would all of the jars be gone? Some one slammed the door and then police came running. "What was that!?!" One officer yelled. They all came rushing to the now empty room.  I went back to my bedroom to get away from the noise. Then I find that it has been hours since I left school.
        The officers find nothing so they all go back to what they were working on before. I wonder who slammed the door. Maybe my dad, perhaps, so that the coolness of the room  made the house like a freezer.
I hear someone coming up the stairs and I see a body bag with them. "I must be going to the morgue now." I go back down stairs and see that the Redrum cellar is locked again. Mom is also off the couch, and is now in the kitchen looking for dad's knife that she had spotted that was missing from its holder. "I probably should have put the knife back after I tried to use it. I have to find it now, before any cops find it first."
        I look around but it is not there. "I could swear that I put it on the chair here......"
"Oh no. Did they just find it?" I see a officer holding the huge knife. He said "Why is this here? Whatever the reason, we have to go get this tested for prints." Great. They are going to think that this is an important piece of evidence. And that means that now they are getting farther away from the real mystery. I have to get them back on track. That will be hard, because this group of people are on a 3 second attention span.