Chapter 30: My guilt

Greg's POV

Another voice mail. I had just gotten out of the shower, drowning my thoughts didn't work.

Three days ago was the day I fucked up my life, worse than anything I could have ever done. It was if he knew. As if Connor was aware of what happened, he hadn't stopped calling me or trying to get in contact with me. I needed to answer, the guilt would have to leave; I wanted to get on with my life.

Lifting the phone from the bed, I used the towel to dry my hands further and turned the on voice mail loud speaker. "One new message" it told me. Delicately, I placed it back onto the bed: stood and dried myself, listening to Connor's delectable voice.

"Hey Greg! Gonna call me back or what mate? I was hoping on seeing you sometime? Maybe you could spend the night here? I just miss you dude. Like tonnes. Okay call me Greg. Bye!"

Fluttering onto my lips, a butterfly's kiss.

***

"Hey." Connor called sweetly smiling at my arrival.

"Hello there." I responded, trying to act normal.

We had met on the park behind his house. Connor had been sat on the bench wearing a long jacket, his hands in its pockets. He stood as I went into hug him. As soon as we pulled out he leaned into kiss me on the lips. I hadn't expected him to do any such thing. I would have joined his lip lock, just the guilt was filtering my body worse than bad B O.

Joining him, avoiding looking at him completely, and the thoughts of Travis coming back all too soon. He had his hand on mine.

Connor licked his lips, "Can I ask you something Greg?"

Balls! He already knew didn't he? How had he figured it out so soon...?

"Yes of course." I answered not meeting his gaze.

"I can't," he replied with a school girl blush on his tender cheeks.

"Go on Connor. What is it?"

"Okay," he hesitated, "Greg will you go out with me? Be my boyfriend?"

Taken back, I smiled but then it melted into a frown. What about the one night stand? I wasn't allowed to tell him, he'd go back to Gwen!

A false smile came onto my lips, "Be your boyfriend?" I asked. My heart rate increasing. Why hadn't he asked me before now...

He nodded several times, huge grin tightening on his lips. It made me almost forget the other night. I threw my arms over his shoulders. Pleading for the guilt to fuck off. He clearly hadn't figured it out so I had to stop pondering.

Connor's POV

I finally asked him! Greg had nodded then hugged me without giving me an answer. I could take it for a yes but that wasn't good enough! Trying to reframe from laughter, "Go on then! Tell me your answer!"" I squealed at my best mate.

"Yes" he said

"Really?" I asked him with wide eyes.

Greg took my hand in his and kissed it without looking away from me. His burgundy jumper masking his gorgeous frame. "I would have asked you eventually".

"Doubt it." I rolled my eyes chuckling.

Leaning over the bench, he turned my face to his and kissed my lips. But it seemed fake. He had done it with hesitation and it didn't feel as good as normal, like plastic almost...