Chapter: 6

After dinner, we went straight to home and slept like a baby. My alarm came off but I snoozed it. I was in no mood to go to school. And today, they weren’t going for basketball practice. I got a message from Sim saying: ‘Where are you? The bus is leaving!!!!!’ I replied: ‘I’m not coming. Gotta work at home. See ya at 5 in the evening at the court.’ She replied: ‘Ok. C ya soon. J’

I again slept and woke up after 3 long hours. I took out my homework but was not able to focus on it. My mind started making pictures of what I could’ve been doing if I were in school right now. Suddenly Leo’s imagine popped up. I was now confused. Why am I thinking ‘bout him? I closed the book, lay down on my bed and closed my eyes. As soon as I closed my eyes, I could see Leo’s image being pictured on the black background. I opened my eyes quickly. I took my phone and went downstairs to have a walk by myself.

*5 p.m.*

I reached the basketball court o time. I was shocked to see that no one was present there. I waited like 15 minutes but still they didn’t show up. I kind of felt hurt. Not because they didn’t come, because neither of them told me that they weren’t going to come. So, leaving my hope, I walked up to the exit gate. I was stopped by a gang of boys. “Hey girl, where you goin to? Eh? Wanna come with us? It’ll be fun. For you as well as us.” And they laughed vigorously after saying this. I got afraid. I tried to run but I guy held my arm tight enough to hurt me. A guy snapped me with the other arm and kicked the bad boy. “Oh you loosers. Don’t you have some other work than hitting on other girls?” the good guy said, protecting me. “You wanna take her than you have to go through me.” The good guy said showing his triceps. IMPRESSIVE. The gang of bad boys went away from there. The good guy turned towards me. “Are you ok? Did they do something wrong to you?” “No. They grabbed me by my arm. My arm is still hurting, but it’s ok. Thanks for saving me. Who are you?” “Oh god! Curse these boys. I’m Roy Cozwill.” “Nice to meet you.” “Can we be friends? Coz, you know, I just saved you, so I guess, coz..” he stammered while speaking. “Yeah sure. It’ll be my pleasure.” We took a round of the basketball court while talking.

“So, what are you doing here? Coz, you know this’ boys’ basketball tourneys’ court.”

“I came here to see the match with my friends. But it seems they cancelled the plan and forgot to tell me.”

“Ok. As we are now friends, would you care to join me tomorrow, with your friends and my friends? Coz, you know, it’ll be fun.” He said this with a smile.

“Sure I’d love to.”

“So, tomorrow at 5 in the evening, here at the court?”

“Ok. And By the way, can I call you my bro?”

“Umm. Sure Sisie.” And this time it was a bigger smile. I was glad to find this guy. I don’t know what could that bad boys had done if Roy was not there. I was feeling blessed right know.

“Can I drop you to your home?”

“No thanks, I’ll go on my own.” I said with a smile. I was happy to know that someone was concerned about me. I got a taxi and went home. Reaching home, I asked Sim, Deery’s address. We were going there for the dinner and then the pajama party.

*Sorry for updating such a small chapter but I had an awesome day today so I can’t think about something else right now. I’ll update the next chapter soon.*