Chapter:11

After a couple of days, mum and dad were back home. They had bought me and brother many gifts. They had bought me a rug sack, a couple of heels and some accessories. “C’mon Evie. Get to work. Today it’s your turn to clean the windows.” Mom called out. My brother and I have it alternately. The hall windows were very dirty. They were so dirty that I couldn’t even look out of them. As I cleaned it, I saw someone waiting outside. I rubbed it hard and even harder. I finally saw who was standing there. I shouted loudly, threw the mop and the water bucket and went outside running. “Hey Leo! What are you doing here?” “Hey. Nothing. I was just passing by so I stopped to see you.” “Aww. So sweet of you.” “Can I ask you a question?” He bit his lower lip in nervousness. I tried to stay cool. “Yeah sure.” He took some time. He scratched his head and then kept his hand on his neck. “Can I kiss you?” What? You want to kiss me and you are asking for permission? Of course you can kiss me! I had so much to say but I didn’t say anything. I just nodded and we kissed. His soft lips felt on mine gently. It was slow and nice. It was my first kiss and I knew it was the best. I wanted it to last forever. His arms were around my waist. It was the best kiss I ever had. I felt on the top of the world. We stopped and I looked around. I saw Moon looking at me. “Whoa! You guys are actually working on it. You need to work a little more though. Sorry for disturbing. Carry on.” She giggled and went away. We started blushing and staring like usual. “Bye Evie. Will see you soon. Take care.” And this time, he gave a gentle kiss on my cheek. “Bye Lee. Take care.” He waved at me and left. I came back inside and started cleaning the windows. Moon poked me with her elbow. “Ooo. What was going on there?” “Didn’t you see? We were kissing.” I said and blushed more thinking about it. “Nice.” “We are hooked up.” I showed her my ring finger. The ring which he gave was glooming in the sunlight. “Ooo. So cheesy. And yeah, congratulations!” She said it a bit louder. But no one cares about me or what I was doing. She helped me in cleaning the windows. After cleaning them, we went to my room.

“So, 4 out of 5 of us are hooked up. Let’s find May a boyfriend.”

“Seriously? I mean, May having a boyfriend is like a dog sitting on a donkey.”

We laughed out loud. “You two are such a prankster!” “All of the stuff is in her mind. I just do as directed.” We again laughed out loud. “Heard the new Taylor Swift song?” “Nope. Too busy right now.” “Ohh yeah. You are too busy with Leo, right?” She again poked me with her elbow. “When did all of this happen?” “What?” “You and Leo..” “A couple of days ago.” “Tell me exactly what happened. I’m getting curious!” I told her everything. “Wow. Roy has never come to my home yet. I wonder will he ever try to meet my family.” “He will, for sure. Just be patient and wait and watch.” “When did you become so philosophical?” “Years ago.” And we again started laughing. We talked for several minutes and then she left.

It was 5 in the evening and as usual, we all met at the basketball court. Roy and Sim were there early. As soon as Roy saw me, he came running towards me. “Hey Evie! Where had you been so long Sisie?” “She was very busy.” Said Sim from behind poking her tongue out. I giggled. “Hey, who gave you that ring?” Roy said this so loud that D, May and Hazel came running towards us. Everyone was now looking at my ring. All shouted in unison, “Who gave you this ring?” “LEO” I said on the top of my voice. “Ooo.” Said May. And everyone else cracked up and started laughing. Hazel said, “Are you kidding me? Leo and you? Hooked up? A-aah. Such a stupid joke.” As soon as she finished saying this, Leo came running towards us. “Hey Evie! How are you?” He said this and gave me a quick lip kiss. “I’m fine Lee.” I was blushing now. “Now, do you now accept that he is my boyfriend?” Hazel’s jaw hung open. “Is anybody having a doubt on that?” Saying this, he gave me a side hug. His hand was on my shoulder and I felt like now the whole world was by my side. Everyone looked stunned when they came to know the truth. Leo, Hazel, May and I sat on the bleachers and Moon and D went to cheer the boys. Roy and Aiden were playing from the same team. Leo was sitting beside me. We were holding hands but were silent. The match started and Moon and D showed some really good moves. “Why are they not on the school cheer-leading team?” I thought to myself. May and Hazel came near me. “When did all this happen?” May pointed towards Leo. I told her everything from the beginning and while I was narrating the story, Leo was looking straight at me. “Wow. Brilliant. BTW, Congrats!” BTW is short for ‘by the way’.

The match was over and this time we won by 63-47. A nice win but the competition was tough though. We stood up and now finally it was time when we had to leave. “Are you free tomorrow from 5-7p.m. ?” Leo asked me. I thought for a while. “Yes I am. Why?” “Ok. Then be ready at 4:45p.m. I’ll pick you up.” “Ok, but where are we going?” “Shh. Ask no more.” He kept his index finger on my lips, gesturing me to stay quiet. I kissed his finger and then he kissed me on my cheek. “Bye Evie. Love you.” “Bye. Love you too.” We hugged and then he went away. Moon came running towards me. “Ooo. You two are going out on a date tomorrow at 5?” “I don’t know where he would take me. You know, it’s a teeny tiny surprise.” I said and we both giggled. “Guess what?” “What?” “Roy and I are going on a long drive tomorrow evening!” “Cool. We both got plans tomorrow evening. Looks like tomorrow’s going to be the best day ever.” “Simsters for life.” “No secrets no lies.” We had said this after a very long time. We both crossed our fingers on the forehead and left for our home. I was late as it was 8p.m. but as I reached home, no one scolded me except Heaven. But he too cooled down when I said that I was with my friends and Leo was there too. I guess he has trust on Leo and that’s good and safe for me too. I ate my lunch really fast today. I went upstairs, in my room. I changed and wore pajama. I wore my brothers loose T-shirt (which I always do) and lay on my bed. The whole night I was thinking about my first kiss. I can say that it was beyond the words could express. I just turned over and saw the photo frame kept on the table beside my bed. I took it in my arms and hugged it tight. “Please lead me to the correct way. I know you are not here but you are here.” I said and pointed towards my heart. I was talking to the photo frame. It was 11p.m. I looked out of my window and saw many stars today. As usual, I started to talk to the brightest star. I talked for 15 minutes, set the alarm for tomorrow morning and slept.