Chapter 2

Looking at the tiara and it's pink jewels I smile at the memory of my fifteenth birthday. The tiara sits on my shelf among other items of value. My sixteenth birthday had just passed recently and on the day I wore my tiara which brought a smile to Josh's face.

"Pool time!" Josh bursts into my room scaring the shit out of me,"Quick get dressed Gabey we're going swimming."

I honestly don't know why he's so excited it's summer. I have a pool in my backyard and we go swimming all of the time. I get dressed into my swim trunks though and head downstairs.

I step outside and everything seems quiet. Too quiet."Josh! Dylan!"

"Gah!" Muscular arms pick me up and surely enough I'm thrown into the pool.

When I surface the two teenage boys are in hysterics.

"Haha very funny. You guys are so mature. Now help me out." I knew I could trick at least one of them.

"Okay." Just as he was about to stick out his arm Dylan stopped him.

"Dude you're dumb he's just going to pull you in don't fall for it." My brother warns him but the dumb jock took the bait

"Nah princess is to weak for that." He challenged by sticking out his arm.

Honestly I'm not surprised when I tug with all my might and a giant splash is heard. I start laughing and my brother is shaking his head but laughing too. Strong arms encase around my stomach and before I can scream I'm pulled under water.

I surface and tread the water glaring at Josh. He smiles at me and I sigh before swimming and climbing onto his back.

He swims over to the more shallow side so he can stand up. I'm still comfortable on his strong back when my brother jumps into the pool.

"Hey, the twins are coming over." Ugh not more cone heads.

"What about Trev?" I ask curiously, enjoying the comfortable hold that Josh has on my thighs.

"Oh yeah he's coming over too with Cadence. The only one who's not coming is Axel who is having date night with Suzanne." I nod before resting my head on Josh's back.

Josh doesn't seem to care as he just wades around in the water. Might as well take a nap. Just as I close my eyes I hear two distinct voices yell,"Cannonball!"

The water splashes on me and I groan.

"Oh hey Gabe didn't see you there." Rayne's familiar green eyes twinkle.

"Yeah that's not fair. Why does Josh get all the love. I want some love too." Zayne pulls me off of Josh's body and all my warmth is gone.

"No I want him." My right arm gets pulled by Rayne whilst my left is pulled by Zayne who are now playing tug of war with my body.

"Okay boys that's enough. Give me back my princess." They let go of me when Josh growls at them.

"You're no fun Josh. He's not even yours. He's just using you as a pillow." They whine as I climb back into his back and finally rest my head relaxed.

"That's not true; right princess? Tell them that's not true." The twins are now smirking

"No they're absolutely right now shut up so I can relax." The twins snicker at my response